Tools: fpcalc/1.5.0 p7zip/9.20 unrar/5.21 ffprobe/3.3.7
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2022-01-20 (r791)
Groovy: 3.0.8
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 17.0.1
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 1.0 GB Max Memory / 23 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux MakDiskStation 3.10.105 #25556 SMP Sat Aug 28 02:15:10 CST 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_cedarview_1513+
CPU/MEM: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D2701   @ 2.13GHz [MemTotal: 4.1 GB | MemFree: 154 MB | SwapCached: 67 MB | SwapTotal: 4.6 GB | SwapFree: 3.8 GB]
STORAGE: ext4 [/] @ 1.2 GB | btrfs [/volume1] @ 31 TB
USER: FileBot
DATA: /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/106247
Package: SPK
License: FileBot License PX33424351 (Valid-Until: 2072-02-04)
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Hello! I am currently using FileBot via FileBot Node on a Synology NAS and I have been enjoying the options that is made available to me via the GUI. However recently I came across this use case where I would like to use database for TV series from The Movie DB.

Since FileBot Node make use of the AMC script I took notice from the forum overview that AMC allow passing --def seriesDB=TheMovieDB::TV to override the default database (which is TVDB). I have managed to utilize this configuration via CLI but I am wondering if there is any method to do the same thing via FileBot Node GUI?

Not sure if this is a feature request of if I have just misread any of the available options.
rednoah
The Source

Re: [FileBot Node] Passing custom AMC options via FileBot node GUI

Post by rednoah »

Sorry, the FileBot Node WebUI has no forms field that would translate to the --def seriesDB command-line option at this point in time.

:arrow: You'll have to SSH into your NAS and run filebot manually with your custom command-line, or set Synology Scheduler up to run it.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
donny

Post by donny »

rednoah wrote: 18 Feb 2022, 11:05 Sorry, the FileBot Node WebUI has no forms field that would translate to the --def seriesDB command-line option at this point in time.

:arrow: You'll have to SSH into your NAS and run filebot manually with your custom command-line, or set Synology Scheduler up to run it.
Thank you for the prompt explanation! That’s how I’ve been using this parameter so far (via CLI)

Would this be feasible as a feature request for Filebot Node?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

donny wrote: 18 Feb 2022, 11:17 Would this be feasible as a feature request?
Yes, that would make sense. We can't just make TheMovieDB::TV default and annoy everyone who likes the current behaviour, but we also can't use the internal default in the amc script because that's already TheMovieDB::TV by default.
donny

Post by donny »

rednoah wrote: 18 Feb 2022, 11:21
donny wrote: 18 Feb 2022, 11:17 Would this be feasible as a feature request?
Yes, that would make sense. We can't just make TheMovieDB::TV default and annoy everyone who likes the current behaviour, but we also can't use the internal default in the amc script because that's already TheMovieDB::TV by default.
Hmm... Going by that logic does that mean if I use automatic mode (in FileBot Node and therefore amc), I can use The Movie DB for both series and movies? Sorry for running off-topic haha
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sorry, but nope, the Smart Mode: Automatic button in the Desktop GUI is kinda the Desktop GUI equivalent of the amc script in functionality as whole. But in FileBot Node, the Input Type combobox is just the filed that maps to the --def ut_label option, and Automatic is the no label default value for that.

I just meant to say that there's no easy workaround, because if the amc script were to default to the internal default database, then the amc script would be backwards-incompatible by default, which is currently not cool, and so the amc script mustn't use the internal default databases that could be configured permanently via a configuration file.

EDIT:

Future releases of FileBot Node will add form fields for --def movieDB and --def seriesDB and --def animeDB option values:
https://github.com/filebot/filebot-node ... 95f45ffc34
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please try FileBot Node 0.4.3 and see if everything works as expected now:
https://github.com/filebot/filebot-node/releases
donny

Post by donny »

rednoah wrote: 21 Feb 2022, 16:47 Please try FileBot Node 0.4.3 and see if everything works as expected now:
https://github.com/filebot/filebot-node/releases
Woah holy shit I didn't expect a new feature dropping so quickly from an offhand suggestion. You're a wizard!