Filebot on TrueNAS

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
artstar

Filebot on TrueNAS

Post by artstar »

I don't suppose anyone has tried running Filebot's dockers on TrueNAS at all? I have given it a shot and it's definitely melted my brain in the process of trying to get it work. Half the trouble is that TrueNAS doesn't really use Docker images/containers exactly as prescribed by the authors of these Docker images, given its reliance on Kubernetes.

I'm pretty much close to giving up and just installing Filebot on my "control central" VM based on Ubuntu Server (Focal), and having it manage my media remotely. It's just too damn painful to get TrueNAS to offer the same level of simplicity that Synology offers with their packages.

Thanks in advance. :)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot on TrueNAS

Post by rednoah »

FileBot will work on any POSIX compatible operating system, including FreeBSD which TrueNAS is based on, so if you're familiar with using the command-line, then things should be fairly straight-forward:
viewtopic.php?t=6057
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
artstar

Post by artstar »

I should have mentioned this is specifically for TrueNAS Scale. Unfortunately, TrueNAS Scale is completely different to TrueNAS Core and I've come to find out from the TrueCharts team that Scale doesn't play nicely with Docker as any other POSIX OS would.

I'll have to look to setting up FileBot on my Emby VM, which is based on Ubuntu Server and use it with my *.args files that I kept from the Synology NAS I've migrated from.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 00:28 FileBot will work on any POSIX compatible operating system, including FreeBSD which TrueNAS is based on, so if you're familiar with using the command-line, then things should be fairly straight-forward:
viewtopic.php?t=6057
The answer above tries to explain how you do not need docker at all. Why not just set things up and run things the normal way?
artstar

Post by artstar »

Apologies. I didn't even bother to look at the link on the basis of your mention of FreeBSD (again, entirely my fault since I didn't mention TrueNAS Scale, which is no longer FreeBSD).

I just finished setting it up on my Emby VM but I'll definitely explore the portable approach. Scale seems to be locked down a little more than Core but hopefully I can run it from somewhere.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you can log in via SSH and run programs, then you can make the portable work. On any Unix-based OS, Linux, BSD, Solaris, etc.