Node.js is not installed. Please install Node.js in the App Center.

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
itzak
Donor

Post by itzak »

Thanks for a great product. I've been a paid customer for many years. I have just tried to install filebot on a Qnap TS 453d QTS version is 5.0.1 this is a new machine. Everything was going fine until I installed Filebot with the following files. java-installer_2.17.qpkg, filebot-node_0.4.3.qpkg, FileBot_4.9.6.qpkg.
I can't open Filebot Node. See images below. It shows in the app center as installed. I got a success message on the installation of all 3 componets. Yet I find an error message in notifications as shown below in the message. I tried removing and reinstalling a couple of times. I get the following message in the filebot node window. Service Unavailable: The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Can you please help me with this?

https://ibb.co/bWjd7kV

https://ibb.co/HXgRVp6
rednoah
The Source

Re: Qnap TS453d

Post by rednoah »

Code: Select all

FileBot Node requires Node.js to run. Node.js is a package provided by QNAP and should be available in the App Center by default. Notably, Node.js package can be found in the 1st party QNAP section and not in the 3rd party FileBot section. A search for "Node.js" in the App Center should do the trick.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Thyronic

Re: Node.js is not installed. Please install Node.js in the App Center.

Post by Thyronic »

Hello rednoah,

I bought a license for FileBot as well to automate renaming and moving downloaded movies to my Plex library with FileBot Node 0.4.4 on my QNAP TS-464 (QTS 5.0.1)
Based on the guide here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6014, I have to install Java 2.17 and Node.js.

It also gives me an alert that node.js is missing, which makes sense base on the documentation.
[FileBot Node] Node.js is not installed. Please install Node.js in the App Center.
Unfortunately Im not able to find node.js in any repo, not in the official one and also noch in dne QPKG store. Here you can find a search for my NAS in the Appstore https://www.qnap.com/en/app_center/?os= ... kw=Node.js

Please let me know where to get it so FileBot Node works, thanks :)

Best regards
Joe
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: You may contact QNAP customer support and ask them to provide the Node.js package again for your hardware platform. They seem to have removed some packages from the repository with a recent update.

:arrow: You can try installing the Media Streaming Add-on because that package just so happens to contain a working node executable as well.

:arrow: If you have a x86_64 device, then you can also use docker containers.
Thyronic

Post by Thyronic »

Thank you very much for your help!

The Media Streaming Add-on solution didn't work, but I choose the docker solutions which works like a charm :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I've reported the issue to QNAP. Maybe they will fix it. Maybe not. More support requests from more users might convince them to do something about it.
rednoah wrote:Node.js used to be available via the QNAP package center. But not anymore. Please make Node.js available via the QNAP package center again because I need the node executable for my workflows.
QNAP wrote:Thank you for contacting QNAP support.
And thank you for your suggestion.
I have raised a Feature Request.
It will go through internal assessment for potential future implementation.
However, please note we do not provide the status or timetable for feature request.

Thank you for your time and support.
SoCalPilot

Post by SoCalPilot »

I've had the exact same problem on two different QNAP devices with the "Node.js is not installed" error when trying to launch Filebot Node and after spending probably 5-10 hours trying to figure it out I finally figured out a manual method to get it working and figured I would share it here in hopes of helping someone else...

Easiest method: Add the MyQNAP custom repo to your app store (https://myqnap.org/repo.xml) and then install NodeJS directly from there, they have 3 different versions available v14, v16 & v18. (( Im using v16 so I know that one works for sure ))

Next Method: If you don't want to install their custom repo then you can download the QPKG directly from their site for free and without any logins via https://www.myqnap.org/product/nodejs-v16/

Method I Used: At the time of troubleshooting I was not aware of the MyQNAP source so I installed Entware (Download Link: https://bin.entware.net/other/Entware_1.03std.qpkg) then logged into root via SSH and ran "opkg update && opkg upgrade" to get everything updated & upgraded, then I simply ran "opkg install node" and it installed NodeJS v16.19.1-1 with no further commands needed from me. I was able to verify node was installed and running simply by running "which node" in SSH to verify the output location.

Then I went into the QPKG for filebot-node via SFTP which in my case was located at "/share/ZFS530_DATA/.qpkg/filebot-node/" and edited the "start" file and on line 47 it will say "NODE="___" I pasted the output from "which node" which in my case was "/opt/bin/node" so line 47 looks like this: NODE="/opt/bin/node" Then simply save the file and exit SFTP & SSH and suddenly filebot-node loads up in QNAP everytime without issue.

Anytime you update Filebot-Node simply open SFTP, go back and edit that start file (Example: /share/ZFS530_DATA/.qpkg/filebot-node/start) and once again change line 47 to look like this again: NODE="/opt/bin/node" then save and exit.... done in under 1 minute!

Hope this potentially saves someone else some headache and hopefully my guide was clear enough :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: Installing the Media Streaming Add-on is the easiest solution:
rednoah wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 02:53 FileBot Node requires node. You will need to install the latest Node.js package. Alternatively, you can also install the Media Streaming Add-on which happens to include a viable node executable.
https://www.filebot.net/linux/qnap.html