Where do I get java 8

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
RDeNatale

Where do I get java 8

Post by RDeNatale »

I'm stuck trying to install Java 8 on my DS415play.

I tried using the PC Load Letter package after downloading Java SE Embedded, and putting it in the public shared folder, but it tells me that the file format is invalid, the docs on the package are unclear on just what to download, and I've tried a few, most recently ejdk-8u33-fcs-linux-i586.tar.gz After a lot of googling, I'm still stuck.

Since folks seem to have passed this hurdle. I was wondering if anyone had a tip?

I'm wondering if I should try to install Java 8 manually somehow, and if it's possible to have both the standard Synology Java 7 installed via the Java Manager, AND Java 8? I think some other packages require Java 7. I suspect that this could be done by changing some environment variables to point filebot at the right installation of Java, but I'm not sure exactly how to do that.
Cloaky

Re: Where do I get java 8

Post by Cloaky »

RDeNatale

Post by RDeNatale »

Cloaky wrote:Got it from the official website

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 33151.html
Thanks.

That got the package to install, but now the java binary doesn't seem to be on the path, so I can't execute it from the command line.

I seem to remember seeing something about this in the past day but I can't seem to find it again. Do I need to make a symlink or something like that?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please read the Notes section => viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1802
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.