Filebot Node Errors

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
PMaX

Filebot Node Errors

Post by PMaX »

Background/System information:
I am using a Synology DS414j running a MINDSPEED Comcerto C2000 CPU. I initially tried to setup filebot via SSH about a year ago but wasn't able to get the script running properly, I suspect due to my limited knowledge of linux. However when I saw Filebot Node was released I thought I would give that a try as it looked like it might be a little easier to set up. But after installing it through the Synology Package Centre I am running into errors. Here is some information, please let me know if you need anymore:

DiskStationNAS> java -version
java version "1.8.0_33"
Java(TM) SE Embedded Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_33-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Embedded Client VM (build 25.33-b05, mixed mode)
DiskStationNAS> filebot -version
FileBot 4.6 (r3052) / Java(TM) SE Embedded Runtime Environment 1.8.0_33 (headless)

The Filebot Node Log accessible inside the Package Centre just says it is listening to the two ports (5452, 5453), nothing else.

The error message that pops up on clicking sysinfo when I first open the File Node Package inside DSM (line breaks added myself so it was all readable):

{"request":{"id":6,"headers":{},"options":{"method":"GET","url":"https://x:x/execute","params":{"fn":"sysinfo","SynoToken":"0MPoremFILME2","Cookie":"id=0MktQyO35Oy021430M4N001603"},
"useDefaultXhrHeader":false,"cors":true,"noCache":true},"async":true,"binary":false},"requestId":6,
"status":401,"statusText":"Unauthorized","responseText":"","responseXML":null}

I have looked through the forum to see if anyone else has reported similar issues. The main thing I am looking at the moment is the path for java. Although it seems to be working fine when I SSH, I know I didn't setup the path correctly because I used the "ln -s /path/to/jre/bin/java /usr/local/bin/java" command without using my own specific java directory.

Is this the root of my problems? If so how can I remove the generic path I entered and update it to the real path?

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot Node Errors

Post by rednoah »

That error has nothing to do with java/filebot, it doesn't even get there. The filebot node service just doesn't accept your authentication for some reason.

Try logging out and logging into your DSM, and make sure you're logged in as admin. Restarting FileBot Node via DSM might help as well.

If you're connecting remotely, that may or may not work. Make sure you're connecting from a local network, and you can try different things like connecting via IP instead of HOSTNAME or vice versa and switching http/https and see if that works.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
PMaX

Post by PMaX »

Thanks for the reply rednoah.

I relogged in/out DSM but no luck, but when I manually stopped filebot node in Package Centre and started it again and now there are no longer errors flashing up every time I click on something. Progress!

Now I am stuck at line 41: java not found message in the console. This is certainly looking like the issue I suspected in my original post re: java 8 not being in the $PATH?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep. Now you just need to link java to /usr/bin to make sure the command can be found.
PMaX

Post by PMaX »

Ok great. My only problem now from what I can tell is I mistakenly entered the generic "ln -s /path/to/jre/bin/java /usr/local/bin/java" command awhile ago. Now that I realise I'm meant to put the link to my own java dir (from what I can tell I think it should be: ln -s /volume1/@appdata/java8/ejdk1.8.0_33/bin/java /usr/local/bin/java) instead, I get the 'file exists' result because I assume I have already created it with the wrong link.

Does this mean I can just go into the /usr/local/bin/ directory, delete the java file in there with that faulty path link, then re-enter the proper path (that I mention above) and I should be ok?

Thanks again.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Code: Select all

-f
man ln wrote:-f If the target file already exists, then unlink it so that the link may occur.