FileBot Node Java issue

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
ziemowit

FileBot Node Java issue

Post by ziemowit »

Hi
I have updated to filebot 4.6 and installed FileBot Node on a Synology NAS. Thats what i got at first through GUI:

Code: Select all

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume1/pyload/downloads/ --output /volume1/video/ --action test -non-strict --lang de --def 'music=y' 'unsorted=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'deleteAfterExtract=y' 'seriesFormat=Serien/{n}/{s.pad(2)}x{e.pad(2)} {t}' 'movieFormat=Filme/{n} ({y})' 'excludeList=.excludes' --log info

------------------------------------------

/usr/local/bin/filebot: line 41: java: not found
------------------------------------------

[Process error]
I found a topic in the forum regarding line 41 issue. I logged in as root through ssh and started playing around with the java installation. That changed the output to

/usr/local/bin/filebot: line 41: java: Permission denied
I assume, that I am putting the java installation in the wrong place. I tried putting ejdk-8u33-fcs-linux-i586.tar.gz in the shared folder "/volume1/software/.../java" and later "/volume1/@appstore/java8"

then

ln -s -f /volume1/@appstore/java8 /usr/local/bin/java
What am I doing wrong?
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot Node Java issue

Post by rednoah »

"java" is the "java" executable, not some folder. It's always called "java" and you will always find it in the "bin" folder.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ziemowit

Post by ziemowit »

I don't really understand. Which bin folder? The one in the root path doesn't have any java. Can you give a bit more detailed advice please?

I found a java file in /volume1/@appstore/java8/ejdk1.8.0_33/linux_i586/jre/bin/java. Created the link, but no change. Still the same issue.

EDIT: OK, seems like I found the issue. The old link has not been removed by the ln-command. After manual removal I could create the correct link.

When i want to schedule I get

{ "errinfo" : { "key" : "error_error_system", "line" : 1406, "sec" : "error" }, "success" : false }
What's that?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Restart the FileBot Node Service via Package Manager.
ziemowit

Post by ziemowit »

After restart

{"data":{"id":5},"success":true}
EDIT:
Oh, now I understand! Thanks for the support
c4uran

Post by c4uran »

Please, anyone can post instruction for typical user How to install Filebot and java after update
ziemowit

Post by ziemowit »

Don't really know if I can help. Can you describe a bit more detailed? I am a bit familiar with the process on a Synology NAS
Brailyn

Post by Brailyn »

I'm finding remnants of Java sort of everywhere on my Synology. Can someone clear up what symlinks should appear when Java is installed correctly?

Before you go to a bunch of work, you should know that when I run 'java -version' I get:

java version "1.8.0_33"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_33-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.33-b05, mixed mode)
and 'filebot -version':

FileBot 4.6 (r3052) / Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_33 (headless)
I am kind of a noob with CLI, so please be explicit if you are going to give me instructions.

My script is named 'amc.groovy' and is:

#!/bin/sh

/usr/syno/bin/filebot -script /volume1/video/Scripts/amc.groovy --log-file /volume1/video/Scripts/amc-log.txt --output "/volume1/video/" --action move --conflict fail -non-strict --def artwork=n --def clean=y --def music=y -r --def excludeList=/volume1/video/Scripts/amc-exclude.txt "/volume1/video/Downloads/"
when I run it as admin (not root) 'chmod +x' I get:

chmod: amc.groovy: Operation not permitted 
Filebot Node works perfect.

Ideas?
c4uran

Post by c4uran »

ziemowit wrote:Don't really know if I can help. Can you describe a bit more detailed? I am a bit familiar with the process on a Synology NAS
I installed Filebot from default package and Java manager

Over Java manager i can install only java 7 but anyway when i tryed to filebot -version i got:

line 41: java: not found
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

As it stands, Synology Java Manager is completely useless. You'll need to download the JRE and symlink java to bin yourself.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This video tutorial should help on Install Java on Embedded Linux => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N6hYNj_QzY
c4uran

Post by c4uran »

its just insane!
i see its not so hard but i have too much asks like what if java will get newer version or what security troubles i can get if do it

may be if wait some time filebot team will fix this issue?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You're literally just copying files. Files on a harddisk don't cause security troubles. I don't understand your point.

I am the FileBot team. I don't plan on making a better Java Manager for Synology, that's the job of Synology. But those big companies take for ever to fix these things... maybe in a year or two.
Brailyn

Post by Brailyn »

The video seems very straight forward. I've completely blown away all reminant of java, and I am starting over with your video.

Now that I'm trying to do this command by command, I've run into a few problems.

Firstly, my device has the same CPU as the one in the video. This seems good.

I couldn't run "sudo" as admin, so logging in as root seems to help that.

I couldn't extract the java file. For some reason it was only 7KB, so I grabbed my download in windows explorer, extracted it with 7zip and placed it in the dir using WinSCP.

From

/volume1/local/jdk1.8.0_33/bin
, I can't run a "./java -version" and it gives me

-ash: ./java: Permission denied
I am assuming this step is essential before creating any symlinks.

Thanks for all of your help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Copy the link from the in-progress download. If you copy the link directly from the download page you'll be downloading a html page. Alternatively you can copy the downloaded tar archive to the NAS shared folders and then extract from there.

If you extract on Windows you will lose all the unix permissions. Hence broken permissions. You must extract the .tar on the NAS.
Brailyn

Post by Brailyn »

Looks like I got it all figured out. The Curl command didn't rename the file to java.tar.gz for some odd reason.

Good to know about the windows/linux permission thing. This saves me a lot of headaches.
Brailyn

Post by Brailyn »

rednoah wrote:This video tutorial should help on Install Java on Embedded Linux => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N6hYNj_QzY
Can the 'local' folder be placed in a directory above volume1? I just noticed that the permission editor in the GUI shows the local folder now. I'd like to change this if possible.