Movie and TV Shows different location output

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
Achandab
Donor

Movie and TV Shows different location output

Post by Achandab »

Is there anyway to modify the AMC script so that it only process's movies pr TV shows. This way i can have to different scripts with different target directories. Reason for this is my Movies folder and TV shows folder are on separate volumes. Unless there is a better way to handle this?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Movie and TV Shows different location output

Post by rednoah »

You can force movie/series mode via labels. Please read the docs for details.

You can pass in custom formats (which may be absolute and point to different drives) via the script parameters. You will find an example for exactly this use case in the docs.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Achandab
Donor

Post by Achandab »

Had a look at all your threads here

viewforum.php?f=4

couldnt find anything. Is there an actual doco for filebot that i'm not aware of?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The amc script is thoroughly documented here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215

Please read the Change how files will be organized and renamed and Common Problems sections.
Achandab
Donor

Post by Achandab »

Okay would this script put movies on volume 1 and tv shows on volume 2? Only thing that confuses me is the is the script requires an output which i put as volume1

filebot -script fn:amc "/volumeUSB1/usbshare/Completed Downloads" -non-strict --output "/volume1" --def movieFormat="/volume1/Media" seriesFormat="/volume2/Media" --def subtitles=en,ar music=n clean=y --action move --conflict override --def deleteAfterExtract=y
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

--output must be a valid folder and is used for various things. Only relative destination paths are resolved against the --output folder.

NO:

Code: Select all

--def movieFormat="/volume1/Media" 
YES:

--def movieFormat="/volume1/Media/{plex}" 
(you have 50+ posts, you should know how the format works by now)
Achandab
Donor

Post by Achandab »

Sorry im failing to understand. I know how most functions work in your awesome script but it's very powerful and this is the first time i'm trying to change folder destinations so its new to me. Also i'm my Linux and CLi is poor and most of your commands i have learnt from either the forums or google so you'll have to excuse me if i sound silly.

My structure is as follows

volume1 -> Media -> Movies
volume2 -> Media2-> TV Shows

Currently the output folder is set to "\\volume1\media"

not sure how this command will work in this instance
--def movieFormat="/volume1/Media/{plex}"

I assume "plex" is a variable or shortcut to another directory? If so i'm not sure how to create a variable or shortcut in Linux. Is that what i need to do?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Not passing movieFormat is equivalent to passing --def movieFormat="{plex}".

The {plex} binding will give you the relative Plex path: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4116

So this format:

/volume1/Media/{plex}
Is more or less the same as this format:

/volume1/Media/Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){' CD'+pi}{'.'+lang}
Achandab
Donor

Post by Achandab »

okay but i'm not using Plex. Im just trying to output the files to two different volumes. I dont mind runnuing the AMC script twice with different outputs if i can just disable a movie or TV scan in the script. Is it possible to disable a movie or tv series scan or is it always on by default?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Doesn't matter if you use Plex or not. The Plex naming scheme is what you want, and what you have been using unknowingly all along because the amc script uses {plex} as default format for all media types.

Use this:

--output "/volume1" --def movieFormat="/volume1/Media/{plex}" seriesFormat="/volume2/Media/{plex}"
Try it. Check the logs. See what it does. If it's not what you want, then send me the logs.

rednoah wrote:You can (and should) force Movie/Series/Anime mode or force ignore files via labels, e.g. label as Movie to force TheMovieDB, Series to force TheTVDB, Anime to force AniDB, or other to ignore all files. Alternatively, folder names such as Movies/TV Shows/Anime may also be used to force a specific mode.
rednoah wrote:You can (and should) force Movie/Series/Anime mode by setting --def ut_label
Did you read the amc script manual carefully?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215

Because it does explicitly say how to force series/movie mode not once but twice. Calling the amc script twice, once for movies and once for tv shows, is probably a good idea, since the manual says so twice.
Achandab
Donor

Post by Achandab »

okay that makes a lot more sense to me now. Didn't realize it was a Plex naming scheme by default. Thank you very much i can take over from here :)