Install Filebot on QNAP TS-212P [ARMv5]

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
vstancea

Install Filebot on QNAP TS-212P [ARMv5]

Post by vstancea »

Hi,

A while back, i think it was around Nov last year, I managed to install Filebot on my NAS server with ARMv5. Don't ask me how but I did it. For some reason, a couple of weeks back it stopped working and I thought that I could uninstall it and reinstall the latest version, but now I am unable to install it at all, getting the following error "Segmentation fault". I've searched online but all I could find is that Filebot is not supported for ARMv5, even though somehow I managed to install it.

I found an old post where ( viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3359 ) someone has managed to install it on the same NAS as mine. Since i'm not technical at all, i don't know how to replicate what he did.

Could anyone please help me with a noob tutorial on how to install Filebot on a ARMv5 QNAP NAS?

Thanks,
Vlad
rednoah
The Source

Re: Install Filebot on QNAP TS-212P [ARMv5]

Post by rednoah »

As long as you can install the latest Java 8 Embedded for ARMv5, FileBot should mostly work. You can "install" Java 8 and FileBot by downloading the *.tar archives and the just extracting the files. A bit of manual setup (e.g. symlinking the executables into bin) may be required.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.