which command to restart filebot per ssh

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
Predator2912

which command to restart filebot per ssh

Post by Predator2912 »

Hello,

is there any command to restart Filebot per CLI?

Because after some search with fn:miss i became the following Error:

Code: Select all

Illegal Argument: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException:
And after this Filebot is "crashed/stopped" and over Packagemanager there's no way to restart.
So i have to reboot the NAS.

Best Regards from Germany
rednoah
The Source

Re: which command to restart filebot per ssh

Post by rednoah »

The log message indicates that you're talking about the filebot command-line tool. However, the filebot command-line tool is never running in the background. Like any command-line tool, it is called, then runs, and then exits.
Predator2912 wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 14:45 And after this Filebot is "crashed/stopped" and over Packagemanager there's no way to restart.
Are you talking about FileBot or FileBot Node? Screenshots are always helpful. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Predator2912

Post by Predator2912 »

I think it is filebot ;)

Code: Select all

root@MadM4x-NAS:~# filebot -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.7.9 (r4984)
JNA Native: 5.1.0
MediaInfo: 0.7.99
Apache Commons VFS: [zip, rar]
Chromaprint: 1.3.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2017-11-21 (r512)
Groovy: 2.4.10
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_131
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 1 GB Max Memory / 20 MB Used Memory
Package: SPK
uname: Linux MadM4x-NAS 3.10.102 #15217 SMP Wed Dec 20 17:38:33 CST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_braswell_916+
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)
Installed is Filebot and the latest Filebot-Node.
For Find Missing Episode i used over SSH the following command:
"filebot -script fn:miss ...."
but sometimes when I use it too many times in a row, it seems that filebot crashed/stop running and that is the reason for the question of a restart.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:!: Calling filebot -script fn:miss ... is starting FileBot, which then runs, and then exits, and stops running, at which point the console will allow you to make another command.

Calling filebot on the command-line and the Package Status in DSM have absolutely nothing to do with each other. When you call filebot, then filebot is running. If you don't call filebot, then filebot is not running. The "Running" status in DSM just means that FileBot is installed, but doesn't mean it's actually running in form of a process using CPU cycles and memory which is usually what we mean by "a program is running".

:idea: One filebot call is completely independent and oblivious of other filebot calls. If you make many filebot calls in parallel, then I'd imagine that you're running out of memory, but other than that, no idea.

:idea: You can use the ps and top commands to see what processes are running or not running.

:idea: Screenshots or screen capture videos that show what's happening are still useful. Because your description of the problem doesn't make sense on a technical level. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.