Filebot Node Synology - Port Blocked

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
mafernando

Filebot Node Synology - Port Blocked

Post by mafernando »

Hi Guys

I just installed Filebot & Filebot Node on my new Synology. Everything was running fine - I executed some test runs which worked perfectly. I then tried turned on the Synology DSM firewall... and now I think the ports are being blocked.

I get the same error /issue as in viewtopic.php?t=3367.

Filebot CLI is working - I SSH'd and did a quick filebot -version to check. And I can see it is "running" in DSM Package Center. But Filebot Node is "stopped" and it can't be re-started.

To check - I tried to curl into 5452 & 5453:
"curl: (7) Failed to connect to 192.168.1.13 port 5453: Connection refused"
"curl: (7) Failed to connect to 192.168.1.13 port 5452: Connection refused"

Here is a screenshot of the log:

1. I tried turning off the firewall - still same issue.
2. I then tried uninstalling Filebot and Filebot Node, turning off Firewall, rebooting, and then re-installing - still not working.

I can also see that in the Control Panel "Info Centre" app - under "Services" - the Filebot service is unchecked.

If I try to check the box - upon saving - the service gets unchecked.

Filebot Version: 0.2.4

How can I open the 5452/5453 port in the Synology Firewall? I've searched for this in both this forum, and synology and I can't find how to. I tried setting up various custom rules for 5452,5453 in the Firewall settings - but still not working.

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot Node Synology - Port Blocked

Post by rednoah »

What does the full log say? You posted a screenshot of the top part, but the bottom part would be more interesting as it would tell us why the node process is not running.

Never versions of FileBot Node use the DSM httpd service with reverse-proxy configuration, so if you can access DSM remotely, you should be able to access FileBot Node remotely, as request will be passed through the same HTTP connection. The node process itself listens on ports 5452/5453 but these are only accessible locally on the DSM itself to handle requests forwarded from the httpd service, and can't be accessed directly from the outside.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
mafernando

Post by mafernando »

I can access the Synology remotely from outside my LAN - I can use DSM, DS File, DS Video etc..

Here is the bottom part of the package centre log:
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The last line indicates and error and so the node process is never started. Presumably, you're using an old version of node that doesn't have the --max_executable_size option yet. You'll need to use Node.JS v4 or higher.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
mafernando

Post by mafernando »

According to Package Centre, I have installed:
Node.js v4 - 4.8.7-0166 (the newest version)
Node.js v8

Ok - so I got it working! - I couldn't uninstall Node.js v4 (as it was used by a Synology service), but I uninstalled Node.js v8. And now filebot-node is working! I can't recall manually installing Node v8 (unless some other app installed it) - so no idea how that happened.

Solution - uninstall Node.js v8. Only keep Node.js v4.

Thanks!
Fusion

Post by Fusion »

Since Filebot-Node Service would not start and therefor the Filebot-Node Web-Interface just greeted me with a non-specific "Error - Synology" window i had a quick look at the log file under /var/log/upstart/filebot-node.log

Last entry:
2018-07-08T14:09:52+0200 node: bad option: --max_executable_size=16

Node.js v8 (8.9.4-0003) gets installed together with Synology Office Version 3.1.0-2737 and is declared a requirement.
You can not uninstall it unless you bin Synology Office as well.

/usr/local/bin/node points to v8.9.4

Node.js v4 und v8 are installed in parallel
/var/packages/Node.js_v4/target/usr/local/bin/node
/var/packages/Node.js_v8/target/usr/local/bin/node
or since "target" is a symbolic Link
/volume1/@appstore/Node.js_v4/usr/local/bin/node
/volume1/@appstore/Node.js_v8/usr/local/bin/node

So i modified the start-file of Filebot-Node
/var/packages/filebot-node/target/start
or
/volume1/@appstore/filebot-node/start

Code: Select all

node --max_executable_size=16 --optimize_for_size --use_idle_notification "server/app.js"
replaced with

/var/packages/Node.js_v4/target/usr/local/bin/node --max_executable_size=16 --optimize_for_size --use_idle_notification "server/app.js"
The general call of "node" (which points to v8) replaced with a specific call of the v4 binary.

Now Filebot-Node service is starting fine again.
hot22shot

Post by hot22shot »

Thank you sir, you also resolved my problem !
ReCyCleR0815

Post by ReCyCleR0815 »

Fusion wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 12:19 ...
So i modified the start-file of Filebot-Node
/var/packages/filebot-node/target/start
or
/volume1/@appstore/filebot-node/start

node --max_executable_size=16 --optimize_for_size --use_idle_notification "server/app.js"
replaced with

/var/packages/Node.js_v4/target/usr/local/bin/node --max_executable_size=16 --optimize_for_size --use_idle_notification "server/app.js"
Very big thanks @Fusion it was very helpful to me ! This Post is the key to solve the Problems with FilBot_Node and the new node_v8 addon on the Synology DiskStation ! :!: