TerraMaster NAS

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
quirrels

TerraMaster NAS

Post by quirrels »

I cannot figure out how to install filebot on my TerraMaster NAS (which I regret buying a lot) for the life of me.

I have this Java version installed:

Code: Select all

java version "1.8.0_74"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_74-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.74-b02, mixed mode)
I bought the license, downloaded and extracted the FileBot_4.8.2-portable.tar and ran filebot.sh. I assumed it would install filebot and I could use the filebot command from any location on the NAS. Instead it tells me "command not found". I've been googling for 30 minutes and I am a complete stranger to Linux and Linux commands, so I'd really appreciate some clarification or guide on how this works.
rednoah
The Source

Re: TerraMaster NAS

Post by rednoah »

filebot.sh is the command-line tool. If you want to call it via "filebot" then you just need to symlink it into /usr/local/bin/filebot:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6084

Here's an example script that shows you how to install filebot and how to symlink it into the $PATH:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6057

Please run the command from the thread above and post the console output if something isn't working.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
quirrels

Post by quirrels »

Thanks for the info.

I tried to symlink, but it tells me I have no permission:

[admin@TNAS-003BEB filebot-portable]$ ln -sf "$PWD/filebot.sh" /usr/local/bin/filebot
ln: /usr/local/bin/filebot: Permission denied
Your script also doesn't work unfortunately. (Or rather it works, but my NAS has a very limited set of commands it seems...)

[admin@TNAS-003BEB ~]$ mkdir filebot-portable && cd filebot-portable
[admin@TNAS-003BEB filebot-portable]$ sh -xu <<< "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/filebot/plugins/master/installer/tar.sh)"

+ PACKAGE_VERSION=4.8.2
+ curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/filebot/website/master/get.filebot.net/filebot/FileBot_4.8.2/FileBot_4.8.2-portable.tar.xz.sha256
+ PACKAGE_SHA256=5f649a037d1487c68efa1e03da40f6e7a7de2939d30ab0b6afe7fa1a96774945
+ PACKAGE_FILE=FileBot_4.8.2-portable.tar.xz
+ PACKAGE_URL=https://get.filebot.net/filebot/FileBot_4.8.2/FileBot_4.8.2-portable.tar.xz
+ curl -o FileBot_4.8.2-portable.tar.xz -z FileBot_4.8.2-portable.tar.xz https://get.filebot.net/filebot/FileBot_4.8.2/FileBot_4.8.2-portable.tar.xz
Warning: Illegal date format for -z, --timecond (and not a file name).
Warning: Disabling time condition. See curl_getdate(3) for valid date syntax.
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 32.9M  100 32.9M    0     0  3578k      0  0:00:09  0:00:09 --:--:-- 3782k
+ echo 5f649a037d1487c68efa1e03da40f6e7a7de2939d30ab0b6afe7fa1a96774945 *FileBot_4.8.2-portable.tar.xz+
sha256sum --check
sha256sum: unrecognized option '--check'
BusyBox v1.23.2 (2015-06-29 11:27:57 CST) multi-call binary.

Usage: sha256sum [-c[sw]] [FILE]...

Print or check SHA256 checksums

-c      Check sums against list in FILEs
        -s      Don't output anything, status code shows success
        -w      Warn about improperly formatted checksum lines

+ exit 1
It downloads the .tar and nothing more. I noticed the script uses commands like "sudo ln -sf "$PWD/filebot.sh" /usr/local/bin/filebot". Unfortunately I do not have sudo on this NAS. I realize at this point it's more of a general TerraMaster/Linux issue, but maybe you have some ideas how to get the permission to write to /usr/bin. Unfortunately I do not have root access. Only the "admin" user who doesn't have permission to change system files.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. If it's some limited embedded Linux, some standard Linux commands / options may not work. You can still use the install script, but you may need to run things yourself line by line, and skip the commands that don't work.

SHA256 is only used to verify the downloaded files aren't corrupt.

You'll need to run as super user to access certain folders. Normally we use sudo, but you may also just directly login as root, or use the su command. Kinda depends on what kinda Linux your NAS is running exactly.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.