Find missing Episode

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
Predator2912

Find missing Episode

Post by Predator2912 »

Hello,

I know I can find missing episode with the command "filebot -script fn:miss -log off /path".

Recently, however, I own the DX513 expansion unit and have therefore split some series. Therefore, I once asked if it is possible to search for several paths at the same time.

So something like "filebot -script fn:miss -log off /volume3/......./ volume6/........".
Or another possibility?

Best regards
rednoah
The Source

Re: Find missing Episode

Post by rednoah »

Checked the code. Should work. Have you tried yet?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Predator2912

Post by Predator2912 »

Yes I have but it is only the "first path" searched. /volume6/ is apparently ignored :-(
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So /volume6/ works if you pass it as first argument?

Note that miss only works if files are xattr tagged. You can use the xattr script to view xattr, to confirm that files on volume6 have xattr.

It doesn't specifically take argument 0 but just takes all files from all arguments, so I'm fairly sure that it works:
https://github.com/filebot/scripts/blob ... .groovy#L9
Predator2912

Post by Predator2912 »

That seems to be the reason.
I just tried it with /volume/, which did not work.

But I do not understand why?
When the files were on /volume3/ the xattr´s were still there and although I moved the files from /volume3/ via the DSM Filestation to /volume6/, the xattr´s now seem to be "buggy".

Here's an example:

Code: Select all

/volume6/TV Serien_TWO/The Mentalist (2008)/Season 07/The Mentalist (2008) - S07E11 - Bleiche Knochen, roter Lehm_[1280x720p]_x264.mkv
	syno.filea.flushtime: ��[
	netatalk.Metadata:b	z r�DEVv�INO~�SYN��SV~�
WTF.
Now I have to look with how I can repair the xattr without the files being renamed.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

xattr can be binary data, so the xattr you see here are not buggy, just aren't plain text data. Looks like Synology DSM uses those for some purpose.

This may indeed be a bug with Synology DSM, not preserving Linux filesystem metadata when copying files between file systems / drives. You could run a few tests with mv / cp / rsync and see what happens to xattr if you move files from one drive to another yourself. If DSM uses rsync internally, or it's own copy code, then not copying Linux xattr might be considered a bug, or a feature, most likely an oversight since xattr isn't widely used.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »