How to re-open a script to modify it ?

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
Eluc

How to re-open a script to modify it ?

Post by Eluc »

I'm using Filebot Node on Synology to create 4 scripts that are run by Synology task scheduler. I have to change one parameter in all these 4 scripts, how can I do it easily without redoing all my script in filenode and re-schedule all of the in the task scheduler then delete the old ones ?
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to re-open a script to modify it ?

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to do it via the FileBot Node UI. If you're Linux savvy, then you can directly modify the *.args files in /usr/local/filebot-node/data/task. You can either use sed to edit all the files, or just add the new options at the end of each file (thus overriding previous option values).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I'm trying to edit the *args files as suggested. I don't see that file path (/usr/local/filebot-node/data/task) on my Synology NAS.

Similar to the OP, I want to edit just one parameter in several node scripts without having to recreate all new tasks.

Also, how can you delete an old node script if I don't intend on ever using it?

Thanks!
EZ
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can find the *.args files for prepared tasks in the /var/packages/filebot-node/var/task/ folder with newer versions of DSM:

Code: Select all

$ find /var/packages/filebot-node/var/task/
/var/packages/filebot-node/var/task/
/var/packages/filebot-node/var/task/0.args

Mustang wrote: 21 May 2023, 12:18 Also, how can you delete an old node script if I don't intend on ever using it?
You cannot delete prepared tasks. You can however not use them. Unused prepared tasks don't use any resources. Unfortunately, the only way to delete prepared tasks is to delete all prepared tasks by uninstalling the FileBot Node package.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Perfect. That worked. Appreciate the help!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

In case something changes again in the future, or you try to find the application data folder on a different system, you can always use find to find things:

find / -name '*.args' 2> /dev/null

/volume1/@appdata/filebot-node/task/0.args