[MakeMKV] title_t00.mkv, title_t01.mkv, etc

Any questions? Need some help?
ASUDave

[MakeMKV] title_t00.mkv, title_t01.mkv, etc

Post by ASUDave »

I have Game of Thrones Seasons 1-7 that I ripped from the DVDs using MakeMKV.
Each season is in its own folder and each disc from the season is in its own folder.

Code: Select all

H:\FullDisc\Game of Thrones\S1\Disc1
The files as ripped from MakeMKV are just named the default (title_t00.mkv, title_t01.mkv, etc)

Each "disc" has 2 episodes and several bonus features. Unfortunately, I don't know which file matches up with which episode/bonus feature.

Is it possible to automatically find the names of the episodes/bonus features and rename them to the correct format so plex can pick them up? Or am I misunderstanding what FileBot does?

I've read the FAQ and watched the videos and am so lost. :oops:
rednoah
The Source

Re: Having a difficult time getting started

Post by rednoah »

It'll be impossible to rename these files with FileBot.

You won't be able to automatically rename these files with FileBot, especially if each disk chunk corresponds to an arbitrary number of episodes, or even time codes of episodes, split into different disk chunks.

AFAIK, Plex and Kodi and friends also don't play well with disk chunks that don't exactly correspond to episodes. You'll have to rip each individual episode into its own individual file first, and then FileBot / Plex will play nice.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ASUDave

Re: [MakeMKV] title_t00.mkv, title_t01.mkv, etc

Post by ASUDave »

Sorry. I wasn't clear.

Each file corresponds with either an episode or a bonus feature. I just don't know which file corresponds with which title.

I don't know if that helps anything.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

In this case you'll have to identify and align episodes with files manually, but otherwise formatting & renaming will be automatic same as usual:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btNSv7AnMMw

ASUDave

Post by ASUDave »

Is there anywhere to get the non-episode bonus feature data?
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

look for "Special" or "season 0"

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/game-of- ... /seasons/0

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1399-game ... s/season/0

not there? ... add it to website or filebot cant help you
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Note that if it's not in the database, then Plex won't be able to index it regardless of the file name.
douggie

Post by douggie »

is there a good means for ripping TV shows from MKV so FileBot can more easily do a lookup?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

See FAQ #2 for details. You can take care of things easily via manual matching, as long as each file corresponds to exactly one episode / movie, especially if the alphabetic order of files matches the episode order in the data.
mgutt

Post by mgutt »

ASUDave wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 00:38 Is there anywhere to get the non-episode bonus feature data?
1.) The file size of the bonus content should be much smaller than those of the episodes
2.) Bonus content usually does not contain multiple audio tracks in different languages (drag and drop the complete folder to MKVToolNix GUI to check which MKVs contain multiple audio tracks)

After you determined the bonus files, move them to a subfolder depending on your used media player:

Plex -> Organized in Subdirectories -> "Other/"
https://support.plex.tv/articles/local- ... nd-extras/

Emby -> Movie extras -> "extras/"
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie-naming

Kodi -> "Extras/"
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras

If you need auto-naming of bonus content: Good luck ^^

My suggestion is to leave the bonus content on disc. If you really want to view it, grab the disc instead of ripping all this content. And of course many bonus content does not really make sense without having read the disc menus before, as they often explain the (tiny) clips. The only bonus contents I rip are full documentations or short movies that have its own IMDB entry. Or if you really want the bonus content: Take your time and view / name everything manually.

Now your content looks like this:

/Showname (2019)/disc1/title_00.mkv
/Showname (2019)/disc1/title_01.mkv
/Showname (2019)/disc2/title_00.mkv
/Showname (2019)/disc2/title_01.mkv
/Showname (2019)/Other/title_14.mkv
As the disc folders now contain only episodes you can easily drag & drop all the disc1, disc2... folders to Filebot:

Altough the list contains "doubles" it lists all episodes of the different subfolders in the correct order:

After that open the "Episodes" tab and search for the TV show:

Now select the episodes and drag & drop them to the "Rename" tab -> New Names:

Now press "rename" and you're nearly done: In a final step move all mkv files to "/Showname (2019)/" and delete all empty "discXY/" subfolders.

Another (better) option would be to create through the template of MakeMKV a file name based on the disc name. As you can change the name of the disc it could be "d1" for Disc 1. This will produce filenames like this:

/Showname (2019)/d1_title_00.mkv
/Showname (2019)/d1_title_01.mkv
/Showname (2019)/d2_title_00.mkv
/Showname (2019)/d2_title_01.mkv
This will save you the last step to manually move the MKVs and remove the "discXY" subfolders.

P.S.:
- Consider creating a backup before a wrong renaming forces you to re-rip everything ;)
- Some TV show discs contain random episodes. There is no way to automatically name them. You need to add "s05e21, s02e14..." to the filename through MakeMKV. Examples are Disney Short Movies or Paw Patrol.
- Some TV show discs have fake tracks so double check if the amount of episodes per discs match the amount of selected tracks in MakeMKV