[Windows] Context Menu w/ Folder Watcher+Scripts Pack [1.8]

How-to guides, frequently asked questions, not-so-obvious features, etc
Ithiel
Power² User

Re: [Windows] Advanced Context Menu & Cool Scripts Pack

Post by Ithiel »

Hi Katates,

Multi language support was added to the language changer tool during the last update :-)
http://filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php ... 7825#p7711

Simply run the language changer, say you want 2 languages, enter the code for each (first is primary), and you're good to go. If it can only find one, you get the one it can find, if it can get both, you get both. :-)
There can be only one Power² User
SFW

Post by SFW »

@Ithiel

Thanks
romano

Post by romano »

Power² User, if we make an error creating the folders, we need to unistall and then install again? i ask because i have done this. :)

I get this error all the time now, it it normal?
Ithiel
Power² User

Post by Ithiel »

Hi romano,

The paths are written to C:\Program Files\FileBot\cmdlets\output.txt

To change it, you can either edit output.txt directly (notes below) or uninstall/reinstall and enter the new details again (and the script will create the file again).

If changing output.txt, please note the following:
- The script specifically looks for the first 3 lines
- Line 1 is for Anime
- Line 2 is for TV Shows
- Line 3 is for Movies

Everything after line 3 is instructions and what not, which you don't need to edit.

Cheers,

~Ithiel
Ztrust

Post by Ztrust »

Hey Ithiel

I have been using this for a while now along with the amc and both works like a dream.
I have utorrent set up to download my shows as soon as they are uploaded but this means there are no subtitles yet, the problem is if I use the right click to fetch subtitles the next day it uses the renamed name, any way to get it to used the cashed name from the log in fb to get the correct subtitles ?
katates
Power User

Post by katates »

Hey, Is it possible to make this automated, for example checking the desired folders for missing subtitles every 2 hours?
Ithiel
Power² User

Post by Ithiel »

@Ztrust,

I don't think so - this just tells filebot "go look for files here, then find me subtitles for those files". Whatever the files are called when you use the context menu, that's what it will search for.

The good thing is though that Filebot will initially try searching for the hash instead of the name, which means that even if your file was called "Monkey Eating a Banana in a Tree", if my understanding is corret, it should still be able to detect it as "Show XYZ S01E12" if the hash is right. Of course, if the hash lookup fails, then it uses the filename.. but as long as you have a decent naming scheme, you should still get back 'something'.

Hope that helps :-/

@Katates,

This context menu script is designed to be run 'on demand'. To setup something like what you have described, you will most likely need an amc (automated media centre) script.

There's a number of these that are available across the forums, each with their own feature-sets or tailored to specific platforms. We've compiled many of these (along with lots of other nifty stuff) in an awesome thread over here:
-----------------------

Side Note: When I have some time up my sleeves, I'm hoping to update the main installer to include the multiple subtitle download options (so you don't need to run the separate script after the install). I had planned to do it a few weeks ago, but work has been a little crazy, lol.
Synthauri

Post by Synthauri »

Hi,

great tool, thanks for the work :-) Unfortunately the explorer context menu only appears if I mark less than 16 directories at once in the Windows Explorer. Can this be fixed?
Ithiel
Power² User

Post by Ithiel »

Hi Synthauri,

I've run into this issue myself.. I think I know what causes it - I'm currently working on an update at the moment, and I'll see if I can figure out a fix to this issue and build it in. :-)

Easiest work-around at the moment is to use the context menu on the parent folder the files are in.

I.e. rather than trying to scan for subtitles on 100 episodes of 'Show XYZ' from within the 'Show XYZ' folder, go up a level, right click on the 'Show XYZ' folder itself, and do it from there :-)

Cheers,

~Ithiel

Edit: It looks like it's an intentional limitation set by Windows 7/8, which can be disabled by following instructions here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/13 ... ected.html

So far, my efforts to have it bypass this limitation for just this context menu have come up empty. I could have the script disable the limit globally, but I think that would be rather poor form of me to do that as it would have other/wider consequences.. So, at this point, the limit remains :-/
Ithiel
Power² User

Post by Ithiel »

UPDATE: FileBot Advanced Context Menu v1.4

Change Log:
- Now incorporates multi-language subtitle support directly into the main installer (you can still change post-install, but you don't 'have to' now)
- Now incorporates install and uninstall registry entries directly into the main installer (doesn't need to download the reg files during install/uninstall)
arielreyes001

Re: [Windows] Advanced Context Menu & Cool Scripts Pack [v1.

Post by arielreyes001 »

Hi!
Is there a log of each action that gets saved some place? I ask because at the end of the only rename I tried, it deleted the avi and i don't know where it went :( . Also got a few errors while it was running, but I'm unsure what they were. I ran the fetch subtitles on a different file and got similar errors and snipped a screencap of the errors:
Filebot COntext Menu Search Fail.jpg
Any suggestions?
BTW, I realize no actual subtitles were found, but I'm a little more concerned with the deletion of my other movie file "planet 51" since I need to fix these errors anyway...
Also, I'd hate to bother you putting a request in, but recently I started using the square artwork for TV Shows that itunes uses, would it be possible to add a "fetch artwork for TV Shows (itunes)?
Thanks! :D
AR

Update: ok, it seems the error is due to admin rights. I changed the compatibility mode for filebot to always run as admin and it worked. But, any suggestions on where to find the file that disappeared when I tried to rename "planet 51"?
Ithiel
Power² User

Post by Ithiel »

Hi arielreyes001,

Please see the below :-)

Not Deleted
The good news is that it wouldn't have deleted it.. It would have just tried to move it to the path set in your c:\program files\filebot\cmdlets\output.txt... but if that didn't work, I'd check your profile (open an explorer window and go to "%userprofile%", no quotes), the cmdlets folder itself, the parent directory of where you tried to set it to go to (see note below re trailing slash) or.. as strange as this sounds... your Windows directory.

I've had cases where when I was testing invalid paths of some scripts and Windows it spat the files out in "C:\Windows\" or "C:\Windows\System32".

Many logs!
Filebot rename logs can be found here: %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\logs\
Context Menu install log can be found here: %userprofile%\AppData\local\temp\filebot_context_menu_setup_log.txt
FileBot also keeps a rename history that is accessible from the GUI as well.

As a general rule though, I would recommend the following:
1. Always use network path rather than network drive for network locations (i.e. \\other-computer\multimedia\video\animation\ rather than K:\multimedia\video\animation\ if K: is a network drive).
2. Always make sure you are running the newest version of Filebot (run filebot_auto_jar_updater.cmd that was created in cmdlets, because just downloading "version 3.8" from the FileBot home page is not the latest build).
3. Always make sure that filebot.jar is "unblocked" (right click, properties, unblock)
4. Make sure that the settings in your output.txt file are correct and that you INCLUDED the trailing slash.
5. As you discovered, if you still run into problems, setting filebot.jar to always run as admin has been known to help :-)

Taking a slash...
A special note about output.txt: If you do not include a trailing slash in your path (i.e. if your output.txt file has incorrect \\other-computer\video\multimedia instead of the correct \\other-computer\video\multimedia\), you may find your movie ends up being called "multimediaPlanet 51" >.<

The output.txt file is created during the install, when you're asked for the storage location for Anime, Movies, and TV Shows but can be edited directly using a text editor. If you're using Windows 8, you will have to run the text editor as an admin first, then open the file from within the text editor (don't just double click the file.. Windows 8 won't let you save changes that way).

The context menu installer should automatically run itself as an administrator during the install, but if the install fails, there's some notes in troubleshooting in the OP that should help ^.^

Happy hunting - let me know how you go.

~Ithiel
Ithiel
Power² User

Post by Ithiel »

UPDATE: FileBot Advanced Context Menu v1.5

Changelog:
- First version of Folder Watch service integrated
- Minor bug fixes

---------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: FileBot Advanced Context Menu v1.5.1

Changelog:
- Additional bug fixes
- More bug fixes
- Additional bug fixes to my more bug fixes
- Multi Language support for folder watcher

UPDATE: FileBot Advanced Context Menu v1.6

Changelog:
- Complete reworking of entire folder watcher process to work around undocumented "Value for '/tr' option cannot be more than 261 character(s)" limitation in the Windows Task Scheduler.
- Updated separate language changer script to also update languages for folder watch.
- Few additional bug fixes.

OK... I've done some fairly decent testing with the new options, but if you guys can have a play and let me know what you think (and if you find anything that breaks).

Basically, to use the folder watch service, you just right click the directory, select your option, follow the prompts, and hey-presto! A new task is created!!

NOTES:
- While there is an option to remove scheduled tasks from the context menu, the main uninstaller doesn't uninstall all the tasks. It should, but it doesn't (blame Microsoft's restrictive cmdline options with schtasks).
- Once I find a work-around for this, I'll update it, but in the mean time, if you want to fully uninstall the script, you'll either need to use the context menu to remove the tasks, or go into the task manager and delete them there.
katates
Power User

Re: [Windows] Context Menu w/ Folder Watcher+Scripts Pack [1

Post by katates »

Hey Ithiel,

Your script is amazing right now, I have suggestions for you.

I think we should be able to select which strings we want to see in context menu. ( Simple is the best :mrgreen: )

And It would be nice to add this feature: Primary Language Turkish, secondary Language English. Check for the primary if exists download it If not download the secondary (but do not download both of them).

And setting up that bitsadmin priority to Foreground would upgrade the download speed. Because with normal priority it's really slow (not my real download speed).

Also for the uninstalling script with scheduled tasks I have an idea. If you want hear it I will be happy to explain!
Ithiel
Power² User

Post by Ithiel »

Hi katates, glad you like it :-)

When installing the script (or by running the language changer script that's included with the pack), you can specify how many languages you want, and then what they are (first is primary).

In your case, this would be 2, then en, and... I'm not sure what the 2 letter code for Turkish is... tk maybe?

Then, you right click a folder, go to Watch, and select either 'with language tag' or 'without language tag'... If you go 'with', subtitles will be name_of_show.eng.srt. If you go 'without', your primary language will NOT have the '.eng' or whatever for your language (but all the others will because.. well... they can't all be called the same thing).

I'll do some tests with "/priority foreground" on bitsadmin to see what sort of difference it makes, and if you have a workaround idea for the uninstall - awesome! :-)

Can you send me a PM with the specifics (both on ? I'll then do some testing to see how it all goes. It seems to support wildcard OR fixed name for removal, but I've been having trouble getting it to support wildcard with fixed prefix. I.e. I can get it to remove 'just xyz task' or 'all tasks', but not 'all tasks starting with 'Filebot-Watch' or whatever...
Ithiel
Power² User

Post by Ithiel »

Good grief... I can't believe I never tried changing the priority in the past... This improves the download speed somewhere in the vicinity of one to two bazillion percent.

Yes, bazillion. The change is that profound, I had to resort to make-believe numbers! Man, I feel like an idiot right about now, lol.

UPDATE: FileBot Advanced Context Menu v1.6.1

Changelog:
- Downloader now uses foreground priority to dramatically improve download speed across all bundled scripts and installers
Ithiel
Power² User

Post by Ithiel »

UPDATE: FileBot Advanced Context Menu v1.7

Changelog:
- Full Uninstall (where you select yes to removing cmdlets) now removes all scheduled Folder Watch tasks (thanks katates!)
- Minor bug fixes and compatibility tweaks
katates
Power User

Post by katates »

Ithiel wrote:UPDATE: FileBot Advanced Context Menu v1.7

Changelog:
- Full Uninstall (where you select yes to removing cmdlets) now removes all scheduled Folder Watch tasks (thanks katates!)
- Minor bug fixes and compatibility tweaks
Hey Ithiel,

I just tried, having spaces and brackets in folder name is being a problem, schtasks is not accepting it. :/
Ithiel
Power² User

Post by Ithiel »

ok.. I'm working on an update now.

I seem to have found a way for pretty much every symbol to work except ampersands.. ampersands in the path name really seem to knock it for a 6, lol.
Ithiel
Power² User

Post by Ithiel »

Arrrgh!!! OK.. this is doing my head in.. It's just refusing to work for folder names with ampersands (although.. granted, if you're using ampersands in folder names - why are you using ampersands in folder names?!, but still.. a bug's a bug)

In the meantime, however...

UPDATE: FileBot Advanced Context Menu v1.8

Changelog:
- Improved folder path compatibility for watcher: now supports folders with spaces, as well as any of the following characters:
_ \ : ( ) ; ' . , - + { } [ ] ! @ # $ ^

Known Bugs:
- Currently does not support folder paths with an & in them.
romano

Post by romano »

Can we install the 4.0 with no problem to your script?
ijoshwa

Post by ijoshwa »

This is great.

Is it possible to use the standard filebot/AMC naming scheme rather than your, more comprehensive, one?

Edit: Not to worry, I worked it out by editing the local file
Ithiel
Power² User

Post by Ithiel »

@Romano,

I'm not aware of an issues with 4.0, but to be safe, I'd recommend uninstalling the script (if its currently installed), upgrading to 4.0, and then installing it again.

@ijoshwa,

Yup - when installing, select 'no' to using the cloud based version, which will copy all the required scripts into your cmdlets folder. From there, you can edit tv_shows.txt, anime.txt, and movies.txt to your hearts content :-)
Ztrust

Post by Ztrust »

I am very sad I cannot download this again both in firefox and in chrome the download link opens a github page ?
Is there something wrong with the link or my browsers ?
Ithiel
Power² User

Post by Ithiel »

Hi Ztrust,

Live Installer:
- Download: https://github.com/CapriciousSage/cmdle ... taller.cmd
- Preview: https://github.com/CapriciousSage/cmdle ... taller.cmd

If you end up on the GitHub page for the live installer (the 'preview' link), just click the "raw" button in the top right and it'll either bring up a save dialog box, or show you a page with just a bunch of command prompt text.. In the event of the latter, use "save page as" and save as a .cmd file (remove the .txt from the end if it tries to add one).