DarfNader

Re: Making Library Cleanup Efficient

Post by DarfNader »

Okay, this time I captured the exception:
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:idea: You can click on the message to copy the full text to the clipboard, so we can see the full error message. It's kinda cut off on the screenshot.

You can find full error logs with stack traces in the application folder:

Code: Select all

$HOME/Library/Containers/net.filebot.FileBot/Data/Library/Application Support/User Data
Please copy & paste to pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

Next time I get one I will do so. I was not aware of that.

I just downloaded the latest version from the App store and I immediately discovered that in "Episodes", the secondary click is no longer working so you cannot bring up the menu you'd normally see which lets you send a title to "Rename", which is basically the only way I know how to select specific episode content to match to files when automatch doesn't work. Now what do I do?

The only way to get anything to sort of work is dragging the episodes into the "Rename - New Names" but that is only 1:1 and you have to drag around the episodes to make the match. Previously if you had an episode with, lots of sub files you could do a 1:many at least. It was tedious, but far less tedious than this. I really hope you have some new way of implementing this necessary feature because without it, I might was well just cut and paste by hand. :cry:
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can copy and paste episode data with drag and drop or copy and paste (with your keyboard with the usual keyboard shortcuts) selected entries.

:idea: You can open multiple instances of FileBot and then have one in Episode and one in Rename mode and copy and paste between them. ;)

:idea: Copy and paste will also make it easier to paste the same Episode data multiple times.

:idea: The Match button might help you align most of the files / episodes if you click it once data has been loaded into both columns.

:idea: The context menu has been removed because the Apple App Review Team didn't like it and rejected the first time around.
MasterCATZ

Post by MasterCATZ »

is their anyway to have filebot work alongside a SQL database

I need to rename a heap of files to remove or change the " : " so they work over SMB shares

changing the file names is the easy part but updating the SQL database to keep everything in sync is another story

or is the best thing for me to do is grab the filebot logs afterward and work from that
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You could use the history script to generate sql statements:

e.g. pseudo code since I haven't done SQL in forever:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:history --format 'update files where path = "${from}" set path = "${to}"'

Alternatively, you might be able to use the -exec option but since there's no binding for the original file path (other than {original} name, which isn't the same) so maybe difficult to update that way:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5047

The easiest solution is probably to do some sort or "rescan folder" to have whatever tool you're using update it's own data based the files that exist or not exists. Doing only movie folders / season folders. As long as you don't rescan the entire structure, and just leaf folders, then it'll be fast enough.

Synology NAS users do something similar like so:
viewtopic.php?t=5927#p33928