Music formats for "various artists"

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
IAmBroom

Music formats for "various artists"

Post by IAmBroom »

I have a big problem right now. Anytime I download an album with multiple artists, it ends up split amongst folders for each artist. For instance, a 6-CD collection - "Songs For Reggae Lovers" - has produced 180 folders, each containing a single album and (usually) a single song.

Script:
filebot -script fn:amc --output "D:/Plex/TV Shows" --action move --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file "D:/Plex/Filebot_uTorrent_calls.log" -extract --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D" --def movieFormat="D:/Plex/Movies/{plex.name}" seriesFormat="D:/Plex/TV Shows/{n}/{plex.name}" musicFormat="D:/Plex/Music/{n}/{y} - {album}/{pi.pad(2)+'. '} {t}"
rednoah
The Source

Re: Music formats for "various artists"

Post by rednoah »

Probably not much you can do about that. The files just aren't tagged the way you want them to be tagged, which is what bindings like {album} are based on.

What does the MediaInfo for each of these files say?
viewtopic.php?t=4285

:idea: For music files, it's best to use MusicBrainz Picard to manually tag files correctly to make sure the ID3 tags match the way you want things to be organized.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
IAmBroom

Post by IAmBroom »

I'd accept them being left unsorted, but when I remove the musicFormat portion, it still does this.

There's prob a tab for "keep the original torrent name", now that I think of it. I'll go look.

Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

IAmBroom wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 15:07 I'd accept them being left unsorted, but when I remove the musicFormat portion, it still does this.
Logs? If --def music=n is set, then all music files should get thoroughly ignored.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
IAmBroom

Post by IAmBroom »

Thank you!