Copy/move/hardlink to multiple locations

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
snowybunting

Copy/move/hardlink to multiple locations

Post by snowybunting »

I currently have a good working script that takes a file from Deluge then hardlinks it to a directory where it's processed by pyMedusa. Is it possible to have that script hardlink or move it to a separate, 2nd location at the same time. Here is the basic script that's executed after Deluge grabs the file(s):

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/home/me/TV_Proc" --action hardlink --conflict index -non-strict --log-file "/home/me/Downloads/tv/tvShows.log" --def subtitles=en unsorted=y artwork=n deleteAfterExtract=y clean=y "ut_label=TV" "ut_dir="$torrentpath/$torrentname"" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title="$torrentname""
This is on a seedbox so inotify isn't an option. I could probably cobble a syncthing solution but then I'd have a lot of multiple instances of the same file, and space is a premium on the seedbox so I thought I'd inquire about this first. Any help is appreciated.
snowybunting

Re: Copy/move/hardlink to multiple locations

Post by snowybunting »

Welp, found this from 5 years ago in the search, I'm guessing it's still the case that filebot can't do multiple locations.

search.php?keywords=filebot+move+files+ ... +locations

Code: Select all

Re: Deliver files to multiple locations, and brackets issue
1. FileBot is certainly not doing cmdline calls to copy files, so shell isn't involved in copying ... 2. FileBot cannot move/copy/etc files to 2 locations. I'd use rsync with some "recently modified" ...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can pass in your own shell script as rename action and then you can do absolutely anything:
viewtopic.php?t=4915

You can also use --def exec to run a post-process command on each destination file, and then do a copy elsewhere there.

However, I would recommend a one master / multiple mirror approach. First you organize your files into a nice clean {plex} master structure, and once you have that you can use --db xattr to instantly re-process files over and over with different --output --format and generate all the other mirror structures you like:
viewtopic.php?t=4788
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
snowybunting

Post by snowybunting »

Good stuff, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the quick reply.

rednoah wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 19:23 You can pass in your own shell script as rename action and then you can do absolutely anything:
viewtopic.php?t=4915

You can also use --def exec to run a post-process command on each destination file, and then do a copy elsewhere there.

However, I would recommend a one master / multiple mirror approach. First you organize your files into a nice clean {plex} master structure, and once you have that you can use --db xattr to instantly re-process files over and over with different --output --format and generate all the other mirror structures you like:
viewtopic.php?t=4788