Using filebot node to ignore downloads not finished

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
filebotter

Using filebot node to ignore downloads not finished

Post by filebotter »

Is it possible to run filebot node and skip downloads that are currently in progress (not finished)? If I run filebot node while a download is in progress, I notice that it picks up the unfinished file and hardlinks it to the directory I specify; however, the download is not complete so I would like for some way to skip the uncompleted files and only pick up files that are completed. Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Using filebot node to ignore downloads not finished

Post by rednoah »

How do you identify files that are currently in progress?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
filebotter

Post by filebotter »

rednoah wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 05:17 How do you identify files that are currently in progress?
I am not sure what you mean. The files that are being downloaded may either be movies or tv series or both. I am not sure if there is a particular setting which ignores downloads that are in progress via Filebot node.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 05:17 How do you identify files that are currently in progress?
If you look at a file, how can you tell it's currently being downloaded or not? Are files marked as "in progress" any way? If you can tell, then FileBot can tell. If you can't tell, then FileBot can't tell either.

:idea: Oftencase, download tools will use extensions such as .part or .inprogress to mark files as such. But other tools don't, in which case it's going to be impossible to tell if a file is being downloaded or not. Files are files after all. A partially downloaded file is no more or less complete as a file than a completely downloaded file. You could always check if the file was recently modified, but that's not particularly reliable.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.