Leave original files

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
badgerbailey

Leave original files

Post by badgerbailey »

Hello, I have been using the AMC script to sort out my downloads folder on my home media server, I have a setup where files are transfered from my seedbox via rsync to my downloads folder, then the AMC script moves them between tv shows and movies, the problem is, when filebot moves them then rsync thinks they don't exist so has to download them again, is there anyway to make filebot only copy the files instead of move them so rsync does not keep downloading them, I know the better way would be to make rsync not redownload them but I am unable to find a way to do this as if rsync does not see them then it will automatically re-download them.

Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance,

Badgerbailey
rednoah
The Source

Re: Leave original files

Post by rednoah »

0. Don't use --action move then?

Code: Select all

--action move
1. Copy

--action copy
2. Create symbolic links (better than copy but may not work depending on how rsync treats symlinks)

--action symlink
3. Create hard links (create another filesystem entry that points to the same data on disk, i.e. 2 paths that are the same file)

--action hardlink
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
badgerbailey

Post by badgerbailey »

Great,

sometimes the simplest things are staring at you in the face ;) I like the idea of using symbolic links, but when I delete the original file from the downloads folder will it also delete the symbolic link or will this just appear as dead on my media player?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Depends on what you want...

--action symlink source will be the file, destination will be the link
--action keeplink source will be the link, destination will be the file (I guess this is what you'd prefer)

You'll always have to delete file and link. But for links you can easily write a script to find and delete broken links.
badgerbailey

Post by badgerbailey »

Hello again,

sorry to be a pain, here is the original script from filebot that I was using:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/home/gordon" -non-strict "/home/gordon/downloads/completed"

Where would I put the "action --copy" command in there?

Thanks in advance,

Badgerbailey

Edit: I found that adding -non-strict action --copy fixes this issue, however, i realised that some files are not getting copied, when I tried to do each file manually I get errors like the following: SevenZipException: HRESULT: 0x1 (FALSE). Error extracting -1 element(s). Result: 1

What could be causing this?

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's --action copy, and you can just add it at the end.

The error just means that the archive is corrupt, or password protected, or just can't be extracted for some reason. Nothing you can do about this.