Comments on License Error: Banned due to abuse

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
GoT2020

Re: License Error: Banned due to abuse

Post by GoT2020 »

rednoah wrote: 10 May 2020, 12:08
GoT2020 wrote: 10 May 2020, 10:52 My PX7006317 license shows a "banned due to abuse" error. Can you review what happens? Thank you
"banned due to abuse" is preceded by no less than 3 warning emails with detailed license activation logs, so you can review what you're doing, and check that against frequent user errors:
viewtopic.php?t=9594
I have not received any email detailing inappropriate use.
Is it possible to unlock the ban? Thank you
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please check your spam folder. The email will have been sent to the one on your license. A license can be unblocked, but it'd be best to first figure out why it might have been banned in the first place, because it'll likely get auto-banned again the root cause is not fixed.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
GoT2020

Post by GoT2020 »

rednoah wrote: 10 May 2020, 12:42 Please check your spam folder. The email will have been sent to the one on your license. A license can be unblocked, but it'd be best to first figure out why it might have been banned in the first place, because it'll likely get auto-banned again the root cause is not fixed.
I have checked the email account and I do not have any email from Filebot, except for the license fee. In SPAM I don't have anything either.
Could those emails not have been sent?

Thank you
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

GoT2020 wrote: 10 May 2020, 12:53 I have checked the email account and I do not have any email from Filebot, except for the license fee. In SPAM I don't have anything either.
Email were sent on 10 Apr, 17 Apr and 24 Apr. Gmail will keep Spam for a month, but if you're using other providers, and don't regularly check your Spam, then you might have missed them. I'll see if I can forward you the most recent one again.

:arrow: The first step is to check your local logs as explained in (6.) and (7.) and to confirm the number of licence activations based on your own local log files. :?: What were your findings?
GoT2020

Post by GoT2020 »

rednoah wrote: 10 May 2020, 13:03
GoT2020 wrote: 10 May 2020, 12:53 I have checked the email account and I do not have any email from Filebot, except for the license fee. In SPAM I don't have anything either.
Email were sent on 10 Apr, 17 Apr and 24 Apr. Gmail will keep Spam for a month, but if you're using other providers, and don't regularly check your Spam, then you might have missed them. I'll see if I can forward you the most recent one again.

:arrow: The first step is to check your local logs as explained in (6.) and (7.) and to confirm the number of licence activations based on your own local log files. :?: What were your findings?
Thanks rednoah, I just received the emails you have sent me now.
On the 21st and 22nd, I was playing on one of my servers with a script and I had to make many continuous requests.

I have marked @ filebot.net as secure mail. Can you unlock my license please.
Thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

PX7006317 has been unbanned and should work again. Please keep an eye on things.
jesussmd

Re: Comments on License Error: Banned due to abuse

Post by jesussmd »

Can you help me to check my license
PX17106600

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

jesussmd wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 21:04 Can you help me to check my license
PX17106600
If your license has been banned, then you will have received multiple warning emails with more detailed information.

:arrow: Please check your logs against common issues:
viewtopic.php?t=9594
robwiel

Post by robwiel »

Hi I have some issues - my license seems to be unbaned after sending message. But as long as I register from cmd line on my synology and run cmd line on synology it works fine, BUT when I use script from same account it returns
LicenseError: Banned due to abuse. Please read https://www.filebot.net/error/429.html for details.

Should I reboot and setup license on boot?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Explicitly calling filebot --license will do the trick in most cases, but on Synology NAS the license key path is shared across for all user accounts, while license activation status is specific to each user account, so you may need to filebot --license once for each user account.

:idea: On Synology NAS, each $USER will has it's own FileBot application data folder and caches and so filebot --license and -clear-cache work only within the context of the current calling $USER, and thus can only fix license activation status for the current calling $USER due to file permissions.

:arrow: On Synology NAS, the easiest way to reset everything is to just uninstall the FileBot package completely via Synology DSM. That will clear all FileBot application data for all users.
sayazop

Post by sayazop »

I see that some times when I run filebot I get the license message without mi interaction
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What are you doing? What does the log say?

:idea: If you see license activations multiple times per day, then you're likely accidentally deleting application state:
viewtopic.php?t=9594
sayazop

Post by sayazop »

thanks for your quick reply techzpod download mobdro