Newbie: CL processing of directory with both movies and TV shows?

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
dojo7

Newbie: CL processing of directory with both movies and TV shows?

Post by dojo7 »

Hi all --

I just licensed Filebot and am exploring the command line features for the first time. I've successfully crafted bash commands to process tv shows and movie files as desired, which is fantastic. I'm now trying to figure out whether it is possible to trigger a single command that will process both. I have a directory that will contain a mix of movie and TV show files, and I'd like to trigger the appropriate set of `FileBot` parameters depending on the nature of the file. For example, if it is a movie file then scan with

Code: Select all

--db TheMovieDB
whereas if it is a TV show then use

Code: Select all

--db TheTVDB
I'm guessing Filebot already has the "smarts" to do this in a good way. For example, you'd need a way to disambiguate between tv shows and movies with the same name (e.g. "Westworld"), but presumably the required context for this is already in the filename (e.g. year of production) and Filebot clearly already handles this elegantly. So the real distinction is just the processing targets: the right --rename format, and potentially copy / move behaviors.

Any suggestions on how to think about this? How do folks use Filebot to process directories with mixed content types?

Thanks in advance!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Newbie: CL processing of directory with both movies and TV shows?

Post by rednoah »

You'll want to look into he amc script if you need more advanced functionality on top of simple rename calls.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.