scripting help, understanding commands?

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
rednoah
The Source

Re: scripting help, understanding commands?

Post by rednoah »

ColtonCameron wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 09:02 First thing I noticed is that the unsorted command not only duplicated everything processed it placed it into the /mnt/samba not in the target specified "/var/lib/transmission/unsorted". Is this the intended method placing it in the output location? The placing is not a big deal but it concerns me that everything is being duplicated. What did I do wrong? Is it the --action duplicate?
Please copy & paste the command you're calling and the console output that you're getting in response.

ColtonCameron wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 09:02 Second thing I noticed when downloading artwork is that there was a failure. Please see below. It just appears that it is a failure on webservice.fanart.tv side. If they are no longer working maybe this can be removed in a future release? I am just trying to confirm that this is the only problem here.
What does the error message say? Please copy & paste the console output.

ColtonCameron wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 09:02 Lastly, I believe I will want to remove the --action duplicate switch and replace it with --conflict switch, but how does the script know which is better with the auto versus skip options?
The most important indictor would be the video resolution, e.g. 1080p is better than 720p. However, if you have multiple files that are kinda the same, maybe one has slightly higher resolution but older video codec, maybe the other has more audio streams, etc then behaviour is pretty undefined. Generally speaking, larger is better.

:!: Note that --action and --conflict are conceptually unrelated. Both options can be used independently of each other. One does not replace the other.

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.