Help with ubuntu qbitorrent script

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
TheAlmightyDude

Help with ubuntu qbitorrent script

Post by TheAlmightyDude »

Hi, I am currently updating the quality of my media and I would like to automate this. To do this I found Filebot and managed to install version 4.7.9 on my ubuntu 20.04 system because I do not yet want to pay for the latest version if I don't know for sure it works as I want it to.

Reading all the documention for Filebot I came up with the following script for Qbitorrent:

filebot @/plexmedia/plex4/Q/Qscript.txt (used for calling the script)

(Script itself (.txt file):)
-script fn:amc
/plexmedia/plex4/Q/Done
--output "/plexmedia/plex4/Plex"
--action move
--conflict skip -non-strict
--log-file /plexmedia/plex4/Q/Logs/amc.log
--def movieFormat="/Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}) [{vf} {ac} {af}]"
--def seriesFormat="/TV Shows/{n}/Season {s}/{n} s00e00 - {t} - [{vf} {ac} {af}]"
--def unsorted=y
"ut_label=%F"
"ut_state=%S"
"ut_title=%N"
"ut_kind=%K"
"ut_file=%F"
"ut_dir=%D"

I could however not get it working using the terminal in Ubuntu. I first wanted to use the {plex} format but then I switched to wanting to add the video and audio format to the file so therefore I made my own naming structure. I did get it to work with the {plex} format but I want to have my own naming schemes. Also, I could not get the @script.txt functionality working.

The files are downloaded in a folder Busy, then moved to Done if they are Done, both on the same drive plex4. When the download is complete I want to run this script via qbitorrent and move the files to the respective Movies and TV Shows folders also present on the same drive. I did however not manage to get this working even from the terminal. Can someone help me?

Also, the TVDB for my series does not work at all and gives an XML error using the GUI (probably due to the older version). How do I only use the movieDB for the series in the script?

P.S. For why I don't want to pay for filebot yet: I don't have a lot of time in my schedule to set this up and it has already been quite a hassle. I don't feel comfortable paying for something that I know doesn't work. Once the script works I will gladly pay for the program.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Help with ubuntu qbitorrent script

Post by rednoah »

FileBot 4.7.9 is mostly defunct and just doesn't work anymore.

:idea: You can evaluate the latest version of FileBot:
viewtopic.php?t=11790
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.