just rename folders ..

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
snickers2k

just rename folders ..

Post by snickers2k »

filebot -script fn:amc "/mnt/local/Dokus/" --action move --def target=folder --filter "id in [347903]"

for testing named a series "explained t"

resulted in this strange thing:

from: [/mnt/local/Dokus/explained t/Season 2/Season 02/Explained - S02E10 - DIAMANTEN.mp4]

to: [/mnt/local/Dokus/explained t/Season 2/TV Shows/Explained/Season 02/Explained - S02E10 - Diamonds.mp4]

i just want to rename the series folder ... not this strange thing that happened here ... also it renamed the file itself ... wtf ?
boy, for a paid app, this easy thing should be ... easy ... flexget (for free) still works better it seems ... just bought this to not have all files renamed nor even processed (like flexget do) ... and now 101 seems to be complex with filebot ...
also no option to choose for tmdb anymore ? forced to use tvdb ?!
also ... for a paid app, still no webui ?! the main ui still looks like 1990 ... boy, i wish i didn't tried filebot again (!)

any chance for a refund? because it's obviously useless
rednoah
The Source

Re: just rename folders ..

Post by rednoah »

The amc script organizes files from one structure to another. By design, it does not rename series folders. The --output option specifies the output folder, and may default to something undesirable (i.e. current working directory) if left unspecified, which may explain the strange thing. Explicitly specifying --output is thus strongly recommended.

:!: The --def target=folder option has no effect. The amc script has no such option.

:idea: Although there is a thing called Folder Mode, it doesn't do what you think it does:
rednoah wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 05:12 You can only rename Movie / Episode folders, just like you can only rename Movie / Episode files. You cannot rename Series folders or Season folders.

:idea: The amc script does however support various --def *DB options if you want to override a specific database for a specific content type:
rednoah wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 11:11

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc ... --def movieDB=TheMovieDB seriesDB=TheMovieDB::TV animeDB=TheMovieDB::TV musicDB=ID3

You can request a refund via Paddle directly:
viewtopic.php?t=6118
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.