how to ignore file types?

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
iansebryk

how to ignore file types?

Post by iansebryk »

is there a way to have the renamer skip over file types? i something wind up with a bunch of .nfo, .txt, .jpg, &c. files in my output, which is irritating. we all know torrents are horribly packaged with all kinds of junk an0d i wanted to know if there is functionality to ignore certain file types by extension? since the afore-mentioned files are named the same, it falls to the extension to give leverage here. if there is no such mechanism, perhaps in future release...? :)

thanks for your time, all.
rednoah
The Source

Re: how to ignore file types?

Post by rednoah »

Are you using the GUI or the CLI, or perhaps the amc script? Windows or macOS?

:arrow: There are many ways to ignore certain file types, depending on what you're doing exactly:
viewtopic.php?t=4222

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
iansebryk

Post by iansebryk »

primarily using the GUI. do use the command line from time to time, so i'd like to know how to do it with that as well, if it isn't too much trouble.

it's a .jar, so i don't know what sys info you'd need, but GUI on Win10, CLI on Linux/Win10. i did comb the forums pretty exhaustively and i've read the FAQ several times. just didn't find anything relevant to exlusions by file type. AFAIK, question submitted within parameters... unless that's just your sig. which is understandable...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

In this case, Option 3 and Option 4 in How to process only specific kinds of files? are what you're looking for, respectively for GUI and CLI usage.

The given example will include video type files / exclude non-video type files, so that should cover your use case perfectly:

Code: Select all

f.video

If want to explicitly include / exclude files by some custom file extension, or some other arbitrary property or characteristic, then you can write your own file filter expression accordingly.

e.g. include *.mkv files and *.mp4 files:

ext =~ /mkv|mp4/
e.g. exclude *.jpg files and *.png files:

!(ext =~ /jpg|png/)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
iansebryk

Post by iansebryk »

thank you. very much appreciated.
1AnimeFinder

Post by 1AnimeFinder »

how do i do this was the GUI?