How do I copy along extras and trailers?

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Pincoffin

How do I copy along extras and trailers?

Post by Pincoffin »

Fair warning, I'm pretty noob at this as I have only been really playing with it for a week or so.
Here is my dilema.....I blow at scripting, it's sad, but true....but I have what SHOULD be a pretty simple issue.
I wanted to clean up and sort my Plex files into a more organized library, so I took about 1200 movies and ran them through the AMC, all is good. But now I am left with about 150GB+ of extras and -trailers that I really want to get put back with their proper movies. I would imagine there is some simple way of going through the original folders that I have kept, and specifying that all -trailer files as well as other things that we will call generically 'extras' with extensions of .mov, .mkv, .avi, etc can be automatically moved from the original folder over to the new folder by specifying some common trait between the 2 dif folders (many aren't different at all as I was pretty organized and had good naming practice even before filebot.
Again, we come back to the fact that I have zero coding/scripting experience, so I'm pretty clueless where to even start. ANY assistance, or even just fingers being pointed in the right general direction would be a tremendous help. I really do wish you still had lifetime subscriptions cause I would do it. LOL If we get this worked out I can probably see my way clear to drop a donation on pay day. :)
rednoah
The Source

Re: script noob here

Post by rednoah »

Please use the GUI. It'll make your life easier. You don't need unattended automation when you're right there doing one task once.

:idea: Since you have already processed your files, Filter ➔ Attributes ➔ Apply ➔ Import companion files might allow you to copy along companion files after the fact:
rednoah wrote: 14 Sep 2019, 20:35 Apply Post-Processing Features via Filter

Post-processing features can be applied to an existing set of files via AttributesImage Apply assuming that xattr metadata is readily available.

Here's some general advice on how to import companion files:
viewtopic.php?t=12172
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Pincoffin

Re: How do I copy along extras and trailers?

Post by Pincoffin »

Why thank you good sir, I am off to investigate the possibilities now! (with my limited understanding LOL) but if I have something I can read and puzzle on for a bit I can usually figure out how to make it work, even if I don't totally understand the underpinnings Hehe. Thank you for the pointed finger, I'm off to explore :)
and just a quick question, You said above 'assuming that xattr metadata is readily available.'.....if it is, in fact, not so plentiful or available is there a quick easy way to collect that metadata for each of the movies/trailers/extras?

Thanks again!
rednoah
The Source

Re: How do I copy along extras and trailers?

Post by rednoah »

Pincoffin wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 03:28 You said above 'assuming that xattr metadata is readily available.'.....if it is, in fact, not so plentiful or available is there a quick easy way to collect that metadata for each of the movies/trailers/extras?
xattr metadata is known and stored (if supported by the underlying file system) when a movie or episode files is processed. Please read Metadata and Extended Attributes for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.