Excluding multiple shows with excludes.txt

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Alfke

Excluding multiple shows with excludes.txt

Post by Alfke »

When using CLI in a bash script, I was excluding this show using this filter command successfully:

Code: Select all

--filter "n != /Magnum, P.I/"
I've decided to start using the command for excludes.txt for another show. This filter command is now failing:

--filter '!(n in lines("/home/moi/excludes.txt"))'
excludes.txt contains:

Magnum, P.I
CSI Crime Scene Investigation
File permissions are correct, but neither show is filtered out. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Alfke
Licensed User
kim
Power User

Re: Excluding multiple shows with excludes.txt

Post by kim »

maybe the missing dot at end ?
Magnum, P.I.
https://thetvdb.com/series/magnum-pi

and the colon ?
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
https://thetvdb.com/series/csi-crime-sc ... estigation
Alfke

Post by Alfke »

ffs...I totally missed that.

Everything is working, thank you.

Alfke
Licensed User
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You could use plex[1] (i.e. {plex} path series folder name) instead of n if that makes things easier. I'm not entirely sure if it does make things easier though... Easier if you copy & paste from already incorrectly organized files / folders into your exclude list. Worse if you copy & paste from TheTVDB website into your exclude list.

:idea: Using the numeric series id is also an option. That will bypass spelling mistakes entirely but might make it harder for a human to maintain the exclude list.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Alfke

Post by Alfke »

rednoah wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:31 :idea: Using the numeric series id is also an option. That will bypass spelling mistakes entirely but might make it harder for a human to maintain the exclude list.
This sounds interesting...so my list would look like this instead: ?

Licensed User
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Presumably. I'd start by doing test runs in the Format Editor GUI. It'll say true or false.
Alfke

Post by Alfke »

I'll give it a shot. Thanks a bunch!
Licensed User
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

e.g. like so

--filter "!readLines('%FilterPath%').join().findAll(/\d+[^(19|20)\d{2}]/)*.toInteger().contains(id)"
tvdb_excludes.txt

id	Name of TV Show / Movie
-------------------------------
74380	Magnum, P.I. (1980)
72546	CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2000)
we only use the id other info just for easy read
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you're using a lookup table like the one suggest above, then you can use the csv() function to read it in as a Map object:

none{ id.toString() in csv('/path/to/excludes.tsv') }
:!: id in csv(...) won't work because id is an Integer value, but the Map keys are String values.
Alfke

Post by Alfke »

rednoah wrote: 09 Oct 2021, 04:30 If you're using a lookup table like the one suggest above, then you can use the csv() function to read it in as a Map object:

none{ id.toString() in csv('/path/to/excludes.tsv') }
:!: id in csv(...) won't work because id is an Integer value, but the Map keys are String values.
I couldn't get this to work (syntax errors) but Kim's solution with the table worked.

Thanks All!

Alfke
Licensed User
snowybunting

Post by snowybunting »

I've been watching this thread because of two shows being misnamed consistently. I made an "excludes.txt" file, and put in the tvdb ID of the incorrect shows, but it does not seem to work for me. I've used the two --filter pieces of code the original poster had tried, but neither work. I have TV and movies being moved to the same directory, otherwise I'd use a different --filter command.

My script being called:

filebot -script fn:amc /mnt/media/Downloads  --output /mnt/media --action move --conflict auto  --def clean=y -non-strict --def deleteAfterExtract=y  --log-file /mnt/media/Logs/amc.log --filter '!readLines('/mnt/media/scripts/excludes.txt').contains(n)' 
Using that, I get an error:

args[18] = !readLines(/mnt/media/scripts/excludes.txt).contains(n)

Syntax Error: org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
Script3.groovy: 1: unexpected token: media @ line 1, column 17.
   !readLines(/mnt/media/scripts/excludes.txt).contains(n)
                   ^

1 error
I'm not sure where the error is, the absolute path is correct. The excludes.txt is just tvdb ID's, one line for each:

If I use this:

--filter '!(n in lines("/mnt/media/scripts/excludes.txt"))' 
...I get a lot of noise about includes, but in the end it doesn't use the tvdb ID's to stop the misnaming from happening. (I couldn't locate the exact shows in the log, this is a sample of the 'includes')

Fetching episode data for [La Brea]
Apply filter [!(n in lines("/mnt/media/scripts/excludes.txt"))] on [10] options
Include [La Brea - 1x01 - Pilot]
Include [La Brea - 1x02 - Day Two]
Include [La Brea - 1x03 - The Hunt]
Include [La Brea - 1x04 - The New Arrival]
Include [La Brea - 1x05 - The Way Home]
Include [La Brea - 1x06 - The Fort]
Include [La Brea - 1x07 - The Storm]
Include [La Brea - 1x08 - Origins]
Include [La Brea - 1x09 - Fathers and Sons]
Include [La Brea - 1x10 - Topanga]
[10] options remaining
I don't know enough about CSV's to incorporate the other answers that seemed to help the OP. Any advice/slaps upside the head for obvious overlooks on my part are welcome.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1. Create a file that looks like this:

:arrow: Note that we use the TAB character to separate ID ➔ NAME columns.

Add this filter option to your commad:

--filter "none{ id.toString() in csv('/path/to/excludes.tsv') }"
:idea: Replace /path/to/excludes.tsv with the actual path. The '...' are required.

:!: You have removed the '...' (perhaps accidentally due to quoting the argument incorrectly) and so the format code is syntactically incorrect:
snowybunting wrote: 11 Oct 2021, 18:29

:!: You are checking if the series name {n} (as opposed to series id {id}) is in your exclude list, which is never true, and so your format code is logically incorrect:

n in lines("/mnt/media/scripts/excludes.txt")
snowybunting

Post by snowybunting »

rednoah wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 02:04 1. Create a file that looks like this:

:arrow: Note that we use the TAB character to separate ID ➔ NAME columns.

Add this filter option to your commad:

--filter "none{ id.toString() in csv('/path/to/excludes.tsv') }"
:idea: Replace /path/to/excludes.tsv with the actual path. The '...' are required.
OK, that makes sense. I honestly looked for a long time on explanations for lines after "--filter" and what they mean and do, but could not find anything besides old forum posts.

:!: You have removed the '...' (perhaps accidentally due to quoting the argument incorrectly) and so the format code is syntactically incorrect:

I just grabbed the error message from the log file, the '...' were truncated in that.

:!: You are checking if the series name {n} (as opposed to series id {id}) is in your exclude list, which is never true, and so your format code is logically incorrect:

n in lines("/mnt/media/scripts/excludes.txt")
Again, perfect sense, but at the time I was thinking somehow your code magically turned the tvdb ID into a show name for the --filter to do its work. Lots of wishful thinking/hoping on my part.

Thanks for the response, really appreciate the help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

--format expressions and --filter expressions are the same thing, so all documentation related to naming applies equally to filtering, and vice versa.

1. use --format for testing --filter expressions, so we can see what your filter expression would include / exclude:

filebot -list --q CSI -non-strict  --format "{id in [1431]} | {id} | {n} | {s00e00}" | grep S01E01
true | 1431 | CSI: Crime Scene Investigation | S01E01
false | 1620 | CSI: Miami | S01E01
false | 2458 | CSI: NY | S01E01
false | 122194 | CSI: Vegas | S01E01
false | 61811 | CSI: Cyber | S01E01
2. use --filter only once you've thoroughly prototyped your filter expression:

filebot -list --q CSI -non-strict --filter "id in [1431]" --format "{id} | {n} | {s00e00}" | grep S01E01
1431 | CSI: Crime Scene Investigation | S01E01

:idea: You'll want to use the Format Editor GUI for prototyping filter expressions, but here I'm using filebot -list because it's more copy & paste friendly.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

Maybe someone can use this (filter by id / name / year):

sample file:

82618	Watchmen: Motion Comic	(2009)
90001	Pitchmen	(2009)
297138	WatchMojoq	(2016)

{
	def list = lines('PathTo/tvdb_excludes.txt')*.tokenize('\t()').collect{ [ 'id': it[0]?.toInteger(), 'name': it[1], 'year': it[2]?.toInteger() ] }
	!list.id.contains(id)
}
using older version of filebot replace "lines" with "readLines"

same on one line and using "readLines":

{ def list = readLines('PathTo/tvdb_excludes.txt')*.tokenize('\t()').collect{ [ 'id': it[0]?.toInteger(), 'name': it[1], 'year': it[2]?.toInteger() ] }; !list.id.contains(id) }
same but shorter:

{ !readLines('PathTo/tvdb_excludes.txt')*.tokenize('\t()').collect{ [ 'id': it[0]?.toInteger(), 'name': it[1], 'year': it[2]?.toInteger() ] }.id.contains(id) }
you can also use it to search

list.findAll{it.name =~ /(?i)watch/}.name
output sample:

[Watchmen: Motion Comic, WatchMojoq]
btw:

\t
= use 'tab' in file between id / name / year
snowybunting

Post by snowybunting »

rednoah wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 13:53 --format expressions and --filter expressions are the same thing, so all documentation related to naming applies equally to filtering, and vice versa.

1. use --format for testing --filter expressions, so we can see what your filter expression would include / exclude:

filebot -list --q CSI -non-strict  --format "{id in [1431]} | {id} | {n} | {s00e00}" | grep S01E01
true | 1431 | CSI: Crime Scene Investigation | S01E01
false | 1620 | CSI: Miami | S01E01
false | 2458 | CSI: NY | S01E01
false | 122194 | CSI: Vegas | S01E01
false | 61811 | CSI: Cyber | S01E01
2. use --filter only once you've thoroughly prototyped your filter expression:

filebot -list --q CSI -non-strict --filter "id in [1431]" --format "{id} | {n} | {s00e00}" | grep S01E01
1431 | CSI: Crime Scene Investigation | S01E01

:idea: You'll want to use the Format Editor GUI for prototyping filter expressions, but here I'm using filebot -list because it's more copy & paste friendly.
This is good stuff, very helpful. I'd not seen the --format page before, obviously that would have helped me. I've followed your tips, everything seems to be working as expected, just curious if having an "excludes" file for filebot to work from lets it work more efficiently, at least according to how I'm using it? Does using the --filter before testing has succeeded cause filebot to not work as I'm expecting, is that why you were fairly emphatic about that?

I'm using filebot on an Ubuntu box with no gui, so the 'filebot -list' worked just fine. I guess I could install it on my windows machine to test filter expression more easily?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The id in [1431] bit is just one example. It's completely up to you and your code. Include / Exclude by id / name / airdate / country / genre / etc. Load data from local files, the internet, etc. Any code that some how comes up with true | false will do.

e.g. include ID

id in [1431]
e.g. exclude ID

none{ id in [1431] }
e.g. include ID, where list of allowed IDs is loaded from an external text file:

id in lines('/path/to/ids')
e.g. exclude ID, where list of allowed IDs is loaded from an external text file:

none{ id in lines('/path/to/ids') }
e.g. exclude classic TV Shows:

y < 1990
:idea: That's just a few examples that are known to work well for some users. But you don't have to do it that way. You can do absolutely anything and the possibilities are infinite.

:idea: You can use filebot-xpra docker container to run a Linux Desktop environment with the FileBot Desktop application on any device.

cheaters

Post by cheaters »

:?: What would be the construction for a --filter that had both includes and excludes, by referencing two different text files?

:?: Also, it looks like the command you give above gets the ID from TheMovieDB by default
So how do we specify on the command line which database to get the ID from in order to test our include/exclude file?
The script I use has specified seriesDB=TheTVDB

:arrow:
After some random digging found this "--db TheTVDB" for the command line ( Surprised that when running "filebot" the default database was "TheMovieDB" )

This is a working solution for me with a text file that includes the following line:

382389	Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

filebot -list --q "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds" --db TheTVDB -non-strict --filter "id.toString() in csv('/Users/john/.filebot/tvdb_includes.txt') " --format "{id} | {n} | {s00e00}"
[2022-07-08 10:03:52.923] Apply filter [id.toString() in csv('/Users/john/.filebot/tvdb_includes.txt')] on [61] options
[2022-07-08 10:03:53.079] Include [Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - 1x01 - Strange New Worlds]
[2022-07-08 10:03:53.082] Include [Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - 1x02 - Children of the Comet]
[2022-07-08 10:03:53.083] Include [Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - 1x03 - Ghosts of Illyria]
[2022-07-08 10:03:53.084] Include [Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - 1x04 - Memento Mori]
[2022-07-08 10:03:53.086] Include [Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - 1x05 - Spock Amok]
[2022-07-08 10:03:53.087] Include [Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - 1x06 - Lift Us Where Suffering Cannot Reach]
[2022-07-08 10:03:53.088] Include [Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - 1x07 - The Serene Squall]
[2022-07-08 10:03:53.089] Include [Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - 1x08 - The Elysian Kingdom]
[2022-07-08 10:03:53.090] Include [Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - 1x09 - All Those Who Wander]
[2022-07-08 10:03:53.091] Include [Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - 1x10 - A Quality of Mercy]
[2022-07-08 10:03:53.092] Include [Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Special 2 - Inside The Series]
[2022-07-08 10:03:53.115] [11] options remaining
382389 | Star Trek: Strange New Worlds | S01E01
382389 | Star Trek: Strange New Worlds | S01E02
382389 | Star Trek: Strange New Worlds | S01E03
382389 | Star Trek: Strange New Worlds | S01E04
382389 | Star Trek: Strange New Worlds | S01E05
382389 | Star Trek: Strange New Worlds | S01E06
382389 | Star Trek: Strange New Worlds | S01E07
382389 | Star Trek: Strange New Worlds | S01E08
382389 | Star Trek: Strange New Worlds | S01E09
382389 | Star Trek: Strange New Worlds | S01E10
382389 | Star Trek: Strange New Worlds | S00E02
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

--filter allows for arbitrary code that evaluates to true or false. You can use && and or || or in your code:
https://docs.groovy-lang.org/latest/htm ... _operators

e.g. id in a.csv or id in b.csv

id in csv('a.csv') || id in csv(/'b.csv'/)

You can use {id} in your format during testing so that you can see the value {id} has for any given use case. {id} is the ID for the database that is being used. If you are using TheTVDB, then it'll be the TheTVDB ID.

e.g. for debugging purposes, we can just print binding values so that we know what we are working with, and then do nothing by having the expression always return true:

--filter "println id; println series; return true"

TheMovieDB is a website that supports both Movie and Series information and FileBot uses it by default unless otherwise specified. TheTVDB is a website that also supports both Movie and Series information, though FileBot only supports the latter. Older versions of FileBot used TheTVDB by default. The default databases are configurable with newer versions.
cheaters

Post by cheaters »

I added a list of tv shows (that seem to consistently be incorrectly matched) in my includes file to set FB straight, unfortunately if I download something else, a movie for instance, that's NOT in the includes list, it is not acted on. I really don't want to have to add a movie to the includes list before I download it every time.

:?: What is the proper way to deal with this?

In FB jargon, "include" really means "only match items on this list, forget about everything else" - not "prefer these items among other items".

Confusing for a user since including something means we are adding it to a group of existing things not isolating it from existing things.

:?: This leaves me with the option of finding every possible mismatch and entering those in an exclude list? I think we've been over this before... maybe I am just senile :(
Last edited by cheaters on 12 Jul 2022, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

e.g. there are many ways, but I'd do it like this:

any{ movie }{ n in ['Firefly'] }
:idea: The movie binding will throw an error if the object at hand is not a movie, and so all Movie type objects evaluate to true and thus all Movie type objects are included. The remainder of the code is the series episode include / exclude logic.
cheaters

Post by cheaters »

rednoah wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 19:25 e.g. there are many ways, but I'd do it like this:

any{ movie }{ n in ['Firefly'] }
:idea: The movie binding will throw an error if the object at hand is not a movie, and so all Movie type objects evaluate to true and thus all Movie type objects are included. The remainder of the code is the series episode include / exclude logic.
Thank you.
That still leaves the issue of tv shows not on the include list being ignored...
I am using an amc script and running a shell script after torrent download.

{
  /usr/local/bin/filebot -script fn:amc --output "/Volumes/PlexMedia/PlexServer_1" \
--action copy \
-non-strict \
--conflict index \
--log-file amc.log \
--def minFileSize=10000000 \
--def minLengthMS=300000 \
--def "ut_kind"="multi" \
--def "ut_title"="${1}" \
--def "ut_label"="${2}" \
--def "ut_dir"="${3}" \
--def "ut_rpath"="${4}" \
--def "ut_spath"="${5}" \
--def "ut_files"="${6}" \
--def "ut_bytes"="${7}" \
--def "ut_track"="${8}" \
--def "ut_info"="${9}" \
--def "ut_tags"="${10}" \
--def excludeList="/Users/john/.filebot/amc_excludes.txt" \
--def unsorted=y \
--def music=y \
--def skipExtract=y \
--def movieDB=TheMovieDB seriesDB=TheTVDB animeDB=AniDB musicDB=ID3 \
--def seriesFormat="/Volumes/PlexMedia/PlexServer_1/{plex.derive{' {thetvdb-'}{id}{'}'}{' - ['+allOf{tags}{vf}{vs}{crc32}.join(' ')}{']'}}{if (dc > 1) '.'+di}" \
--def movieFormat="/Volumes/PlexMedia/PlexServer_1/{plex.derive{' {imdb-'}{imdbid}{'}'}{' ['+allOf{tags}{audio.language}{if ('Documentary' in genres)'[doc]'}{info:video[0].displayAspectRatioString.colon('"∶"').replace('?', '')}{ws}{vf}{vs}{vc}{runtime}{crc32}.join(' ')}{']'}}{if (dc > 1) '.'+di}" \
"ut_title"="${1}" "ut_label"="${2}" "ut_dir"="${3}" \
--filter "true && id.toString() in csv('/Users/john/.filebot/tvdb_includes.txt') " \
-exec /Users/john/.filebot/scripts/fb_remove_non-eng_subs.sh {folder}
} >> /Users/john/.filebot/scripts/qBT_e-program_out.txt 2>&1
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep, if you're using --filter then conceptually it's always going to a whitelist approach (i.e. you know what you want) or a blacklist approach (i.e. you know what you don't want) but it doesn't have to be based on the series name.

:idea: I'd typically recommend some generic rule such as "include only episodes aired within the last 7 days". If your use case is "do everything" that you're gonna have a hard time, because filebot would already do that if it could do that, but if you can somehow simplify the problem and limit the use case, then there might be simple and effective solutions.

:arrow: You may want to write your own top-level script that then performs different actions for different files, i.e. run tailored commands for some files, but more generic commands for other files. Please read How do I process specific files with specific command-line options? for details.

:arrow: Please please paste the log whenever you encounter a mismatch.