Move failed files to new location

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
OdinTGE

Move failed files to new location

Post by OdinTGE »

If my script to rename and move new shows fails on a particular file(s) for any reason, is it possible to, instead of doing nothing with it, moving it (un-renamed) to a new location? I'd like to have one place to look for misfits.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Move failed files to new location

Post by rednoah »

:?: What's the command? What does the console output say?
viewtopic.php?t=1868

:arrow: If you're using the amc script, then you'll want to check out the --def unsorted parameter:
viewtopic.php?t=215
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
OdinTGE

Post by OdinTGE »

rednoah wrote: 16 Dec 2021, 03:32 :arrow: If you're using the amc script, then you'll want to check out the --def unsorted parameter:
viewtopic.php?t=215
This was what I needed. Thank you.
OdinTGE

Post by OdinTGE »

I hadn't had a chance to check in on things since I set --def unsorted to y until today. It hasn't been doing anything. The log clearly shows it as set to y, then fails to ID a file (multiple options), then behaves as if --def unsorted was set to n and does nothing. In one case I just tried, it not only didn't put the file into the unsorted folder, it deleted the temporary unrared file as if it had succeeded.

I am aware of using age which works well sometimes, and non-strict which in my experience is a bad idea. I'm fine with it not being 100% automated on every file, but I very much want the unsorted feature to work. I do not want to have to dig through 30 folders looking for the files that didn't ID.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

OdinTGE wrote: 06 Jan 2022, 20:49 I hadn't had a chance to check in on things since I set --def unsorted to y until today. It hasn't been doing anything. The log clearly shows it as set to y, then fails to ID a file (multiple options), then behaves as if --def unsorted was set to n and does nothing. In one case I just tried, it not only didn't put the file into the unsorted folder, it deleted the temporary unrared file as if it had succeeded.
:?: What does the log say?

:idea: --def unsorted is actively used by many users and confirmed to be generally working, though why it doesn't work for you we cannot say without logs:
viewtopic.php?t=12981
OdinTGE

Post by OdinTGE »

Code: Select all

Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu Jan 06 15:13:21 CST 2022]
Parameter: seriesFormat = F:/TV/{ny}/{ny} - Season {s00}/{ny} - {s00e00} - {t}
Parameter: seriesDB = TheTVDB
Parameter: ut_label = TV
Parameter: clean = y
Parameter: excludeList = amc.txt
Parameter: Unsorted = y
Argument[0]: F:\Torrents
Use excludes: F:\TV\amc.txt (92)
Followed by it ignoring stuff from my exludes file, then extracting, then finding multiple options for what the file could be, then

Multiple Options: F:\Torrents\Chicago.Med.S07E10.720p.WEB.H264-PECULATE\chicago.med.s07e10.720p.web.h264-peculate\Chicago.Med.S07E10.720p.WEB.H264-PECULATE\Chicago.Med.S07E10.720p.WEB.H264-PECULATE.mkv: [Chicago Med, Chicago P.D.]
* Consider using -non-strict to enable advanced auto-selection
* Consider using --filter "id in [295640]" or --q "Chicago Med" to select one specific series
* Consider using --mode interactive to enable interactive mode
Failed to identify or process any files
Finished without processing any files
Abort (×_×)
It struggles mightily with the Chicago, NCIS, and FBI shows etc. which I wouldn't be too bothered by if it would go ahead and move all those into the Unsorted folder so I could quickly deal with it using the GUI, but instead it does not move them. Most of the time it leaves them un-rared in the folders, but once I've seen it just delete that so I had to manually extract later.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Parameter: Unsorted = y
--def Unsorted=y has no effect because script parameters are case-sensitive.

:arrow: Please use copy and paste:

--def unsorted=y

:arrow: The default --def unsortedFormat looks like this:
viewtopic.php?t=3195
OdinTGE

Post by OdinTGE »

Thank you.