Split TV Shows between 2 folders

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
valiantslack

Split TV Shows between 2 folders

Post by valiantslack »

Have been using the GUI for years with multiple presets that I have created. Just diving into using AMC so I can automate the process fully.
I have TV Shows separated into two categories Kids and Adults (T:\TV Shows\Adults & T:\TV Shows\Kids). Is there a way to have AMC separate these out automatically? If not I might just have it auto process all the adult shows (more volume) and use the GUI for kid shows.

Script currently is as follows

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "T:/" --action copy --conflict auto --def pushover=APIKey -non-strict "T:/#NewTorrents" --log-file "T:/#NewTorrents/AMC/amc.log" --def excludeList="T:/#NewTorrents/AMC/amcexclude.txt" --action test
Last edited by valiantslack on 29 Oct 2022, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
valiantslack

Re: Split TV Shows between 2 folders

Post by valiantslack »

Should also mention I have a similar situation when it comes to movies.

Folder Structure for Plex:

T:/Movies/Family
T:/Movies/Adults
T:/TV Shows/Kids
T:/TV Shows/Adults
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

How do you decide the target folder for any given file? If you can express that decision in code, then you just need to pass a custom format into the amc script call and have it generate different file paths for different files / movies / episodes.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
valiantslack

Post by valiantslack »

I've been able to modify the script to at least point to the adults section. Not sure how to tell it to do Adults vs Family movies as I currently just use different presets depending on the Movie/Show.

filebot -script fn:amc --output "T:/" --action copy --conflict auto --def pushover=Key-non-strict "T:/#NewTorrents" --def movieFormat="T:/Movies/Adults/{plex.derive{"[$vf]"}.name}/{plex.name}" seriesFormat="T:/TV Shows/Adults/{plex.tail}" --log-file "T:/#NewTorrents/AMC/amc.log" --def excludeList="T:/#NewTorrents/AMC/amcexclude.txt" --action test
It appears the script isn't honoring the $vf option as it isn't showing the quality of the movie in the output. It also wouldn't accept $certification.

Here is how my preset for movies is currently set

T:/Movies/Adults/{n} ({y}) [{vf}] [{certification}]/{n} ({y}) [{vf}] [{group}]
Edit: Logfile - https://pastebin.com/XF2qHzBB
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. So you yourself decide which is which. FileBot cannot reproduce your decision making process, but it can make simple decisions based on the available movie / series information, such as tags, certifications, etc.

:?: Please provide a TheMovieDB links for various movies / TV shows for each of your target folders, so that we can compare and contrast and write code to differentiate files / movie / series information.

e.g.

{ any{ certification ==~ /PG-13/ ? 'Children' : 'Adults' }{ 'UNRATED' }  }

You mean to pass in this format:

T:/Movies/Adults/{plex.derive{"[$vf]"}.name}/{plex.name}
But you effectively pass in this format:

Parameter: movieFormat = T:/Movies/Adults/{plex.derive{[$vf, $vc]}.name}/{plex.name}
Because the "..." that is part of your format value is interpreted away by the shell. This is a common user error if you're new to the command-line. You can't just copy & paste your format onto the command-line. Please read Cmdline and Argument Passing for details.

:!: Note that your custom movie format will not work right for subtitle files and multi-part movies.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can start with something like this:

T:/Movies
/{ any{ certification =~ /G/ ? 'Children' : 'Adults' }{ 'UNRATED' } }
/{ ~plex * { ' ' + [vf, vc] } }
* take care of certification being undefined
* use {plex} operators to append values to the movie / series folder name
* avoid using " in Groovy code so that you can just copy & paste it onto the command-line (though you shouldn't; use @files instead)
valiantslack

Post by valiantslack »

Thanks for the context and about using escape for quotes.
I'm starting to use the context you provided (thanks btw!) and tweaking it. What would cause a movie content rating to not be pulled (think I might just default it to the Adults folder)?

Will test it out some more and see what it does with different movies and ratings.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Some information may be missing for less popular movies, or brand new movies, because nobody has bothered to enter the missing information yet:

$ filebot -list --q "alien vs predator" --db TheMovieDB -non-strict --format "{id} | {n} | {certification}"
395 | AVP: Alien vs. Predator | PG-13
960947 | Alien vs Predator |
440 | Aliens vs Predator: Requiem | R
548257 | Alien Predator | NR
67203 | Arctic Predator |
e.g. PG-13
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/395

e.g. R
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/440

e.g. undefined
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/960947
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/67203
valiantslack

Post by valiantslack »

I've tried to add another content rating for Family movies so that everything G or PG goes to Family and PG-13 + goes to Adults. Trying several methods, it doesn't appear to take for me, it ends up dumping everything into Adults (G and PG).

filebot -script fn:amc --output "T:/" --action move --conflict auto --def pushover=API -non-strict "T:/#NewTorrents" --def movieFormat="T:/Movies/{ any{ certification =~ /G or PG/ ? 'Family' : 'Adults' }{ 'Adults' } }/{ ~plex * { ' ' + [vf] + [certification] } }" seriesFormat="T:/TV Shows/Adults/{plex.tail}" --log-file "T:/#NewTorrents/AMC/amc.log" --def excludeList="T:/#NewTorrents/AMC/amcexclude.txt" --action test
Also tried (and a few others) with no success.

... =~ /G, PG/ ?

... =~ /\"G, PG\" ?
valiantslack

Post by valiantslack »

Ok, got it working with the following:

... == /G|PG/ ?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

=~ is the find-match operator, i.e. x =~ /G/ returns true for any x that contains G, such as G, PG, PG-13, etc:

certification =~ /G/

==~ is the exact-match operator, i.e. x ==~ /G|PG/ returns true if x is G or PG:

certification ==~ /G|PG/

== is the equals operator:

certification == /G/

:!: certification == /G|PG/ notably cannot work because == works with String literals and not regex patterns, and since certification will never have the exact String value "G|PG" it will always return false.
valiantslack

Post by valiantslack »

Ok, was able to get the same filtering based on content rating for TV shows.

seriesFormat="T:/TV Shows/{ any{ certification =~ /"TV-Y"|"TV-Y7"/ ? 'Kids' : 'Adults' }{ 'Adults'} }/{plex.derive {n.colon('  ')}.tail}"
Is there a way to keep it form adding a dash and just leaving a space? It appears it turns the colon into a dash?
I tried adding the below with no luck.

{n.colon('  ')}
Eg.

Fetching episode data for [CSI: Vegas]
+- 20 episodes
[TEST] from [T:\#NewTorrents\CSI.Vegas.S02E05.In.Harms.Way.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv] to [T:\TV Shows\Adults\CSI - Vegas\Season 02\CSI - Vegas - S02E05 - In Harm's Way.mkv]
Edit: will update to ==~
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Compare & Contrast:

$ echo "any{ certification =~ /"TV-Y"|"TV-Y7"/ ? 'Kids' : 'Adults' }{ 'Adults'} }"
any{ certification =~ /TV-Y|TV-Y7/ ? 'Kids' : 'Adults' }{ 'Adults'} }
You're adding "..." in your /TV-Y|TV-Y7/ regex pattern for no reason. And the shell interprets them away making your code maybe work. This is very unnecessary and very confusing. Don't do that.

The {plex} format indeed replaces : colon characters with - dash to guarantee Windows-compatible file paths. You cannot change internal behaviour. You can only add bits and pieces. (NOTE: the bits and pieces you add will be normalised as well with the same internal logic)

:idea: Advanced users may read the {plex} format documentation and find a way to disable file path sanitization entirely. However, this is generally a bad idea for Windows users.
valiantslack

Post by valiantslack »

Got it, think I added the quotes as I was originally having issues. Changed =~ with ==~ and removed the quotes.

Unfortunate that I can't remove the - dash, the GUI preset I use does not add a dash in the name, but I suppose it's not a huge deal.

I think I will dry run this in test mode for ~ a week and continue using the GUI until I'm comfortable with the renaming.

Appreciate the help with getting my script to this point :D

One final question :shock: if I want the script to completely ignore 4k movies (moves to a completely different area) will the following code work?

--def ignore=2160
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

valiantslack wrote: 30 Oct 2022, 16:44 Unfortunate that I can't remove the - dash, the GUI preset I use does not add a dash in the name, but I suppose it's not a huge deal.
The {plex} format works the same in both GUI and CLI and will replace : colon. You can always not use the {plex} format and write your own format using building blocks such as {n} {s00e00} {t} etc instead, i.e. you can do whatever you want if you do it yourself.

valiantslack wrote: 30 Oct 2022, 16:44 if I want the script to completely ignore 4k movies (moves to a completely different area) will the following code work?
The --def ignore option allows you exclude files where the file path matches a given regex pattern. If you do --def ignore="2160p" then that'll ignore files that contain "2160p" in the file path. If your 4K movie have "2160p" in the file path then it'll work, if not, then not.