[WINDOWS] Simple Auto-SubDownloader v1.3 !UPDATED

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
katates
Power User

[WINDOWS] Simple Auto-SubDownloader v1.3 !UPDATED

Post by katates »

Hey guys. I have created a script for FileBot that downloads missing subtitles and you don't even realize.

Features:
* Now you can mark your video files as watched. ( You need to activate Owner tab for your folder.)
* It will check your main tv series folder every desired interval and downloads missing subtitles.
* You can add Folder Watch from right click and create a task for checking subtitles maybe for a movie.
* You can manually download subtitle for your .mkv .avi .mp4 files via context menu.
* If it finds a subtitle It will prompt you a message *SUBTITLE FOUND* If it couldn't find any you will get nothing. ( So It would not disturb you.)

Tested on Windows 7 and Windows 8. You need Administrator account for this script.
And also it is using opensubtitles for downloading subtitles. If there isn't any subtitle on the OS database you can't download.
You may ask is it only Turkish and English, it is not. Turkish and English languages are only for the installation stage and for the context menu. But you can download any languages.

Known Bugs:
There is also context menu for Recycle Bin. I don't know how to remove it from there.
You can't add folder with spaces from right click. (But your main folder could have spaces, won't be a problem.)

Screenshots:

Mark file as watched; NEW FEATURE!!!

Right Click for Folders;

Subtitle found prompt for your main folder;

Subtitle found prompt for Folder Watch;

Download: https://github.com/katates/otoaltyazi/b ... 20v1.1.bat
Last edited by katates on 20 Mar 2014, 23:06, edited 4 times in total.
Ithiel
Power² User

Re: [WINDOWS] Simple Auto-SubDownloader v1

Post by Ithiel »

Hi katates,

Looks pretty good - thanks! :-)

Some of that admin check code looks familiar too :-P

I wonder if it's worth trying to merge the additional functionality from the this context menu into this, or the folder watch capability into that context menu?

I'm happy with either way - let me know if you're interested ^.^

Cheers,

~Ithiel
There can be only one Power² User
romano

Post by romano »

Woo thank you sir,
can it do Portuguese language?
katates
Power User

Post by katates »

romano wrote:Woo thank you sir,
can it do Portuguese language?
Hey I don't know Portuguese but I can send you the language strings. So you can translate them into Portuguse.

And Ithiel, hey to you. I really want to keep this script simple so I don't want to add an advanced context menu :mrgreen: But of course adding folder watch capability to your script would be nice.
romano

Post by romano »

katetes i meant to download English and Portuguese, where to change the script?
katates
Power User

Post by katates »

romano wrote:katetes i meant to download English and Portuguese, where to change the script?
If you are saying downloading multiple subtitles, this script doesn't support that. But If you are asking downloading only Portuguese subtitles start the installer with english language and It will ask you to which language would you like to have and you just need to write PT for Portuguese
romano

Post by romano »

katates wrote:
romano wrote:katetes i meant to download English and Portuguese, where to change the script?
If you are saying downloading multiple subtitles, this script doesn't support that. But If you are asking downloading only Portuguese subtitles start the installer with english language and It will ask you to which language would you like to have and you just need to write PT for Portuguese
ha as iam not at home, i dint try your great script, now i understand, thank you sir :D
and if you like i can translate it to Portuguese, no problem.
romano

Post by romano »

How do we now its working?
i click the context menu and a window opens and closes...

edit:ok it gets the sub, but not the right one, sometimes in spanish, sometimes one sub that is not accurate, must do more tests.
Last edited by romano on 21 Feb 2014, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
katates
Power User

Post by katates »

romano wrote:How do we now its working?
i click the context menu and a window opens and closes...

edit:ok it gets the sub, but not the right one, sometimes in spanish, sometimes one sub that is not accurate, iam not a expert, does it use file hash(or something like this) or the name of the file?
It's downloading via Filebot. There is nothing I can do to fix that, but I think It can find most of the subtitles for the ongoing tv series (mostly HDTV releases)
Ithiel
Power² User

Post by Ithiel »

Thanks katates, I'll start working on integrating the folder watch functionality with the other context menu script, however the installer will have to be limited to English.

I'll also see if I can manage to integrate the multiple subtitle language downloads to the watcher as well, but it might take me a while as a lot of changes will be required to get it to behave with the rest of how the script does things.

I do like your idea of having a check run for if FileBot is installed, and then calling the installer... I might try and incorporate something along those lines again, but having all the string names in Turkish is adding a bit more work to the mix, haha.

~Ithiel
katates
Power User

Post by katates »

@Ithiel

Let me know If you need any help :)

Cheers.
Ithiel
Power² User

Post by Ithiel »

Hi katates,

It's taken me all day (and well into the night), but I'm finally done!

I had to rewrite things about 10 times with all the limitations I ran into with schtasks, but the integration is now complete..

I've integrated it into the context menu itself so you can now right click a folder, select 'Watch', and then you'll be prompted for the frequency options (specify if you want it to scan x number of minutes, hours, days, weeks, or months).

The watcher also supports multi-language downloads (with or without the language tag for the first language) and you can also remove the task from the context menu as well, and the language changer script that's bundled with the context menu also updates what languages all scheduled tasks download in.

You can view the updated version here:
Advanced Context Menu with Folder Watcher & Power Tools Pack

The context menu feature pack is now pushing 2200 lines of code, lol!
katates
Power User

Post by katates »

@Ithiel

I think you have done the impossible for me, adding that Folder Watch feature. Waiting for the new features, for now I will stick to the simplest (that's mine :D)

And If you let me I would like to add Folder Watch via context menu feature to my script, and make it little bit simple :mrgreen: .
Last edited by katates on 22 Feb 2014, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please make sure the lowest interval people can pick is 1 hour or more, or even 1 day, that would be saver me thinks. Wouldn't wanna have people DDoSing OpenSubtitles. And make sure it's always just going for the missing subtitles. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
katates
Power User

Post by katates »

rednoah wrote:Please make sure the lowest interval people can pick is 1 hour or more, or even 1 day, that would be saver me thinks. Wouldn't wanna have people DDoSing OpenSubtitles. And make sure it's always just going for the missing subtitles. ;)
I will work on it.

v1.1 RELEASED!
katates
Power User

Re: [WINDOWS] Simple Auto-SubDownloader v1.2

Post by katates »

Released v1.2

Now you can go to the subtitles folder when clicking yes from notify prompt.
katates
Power User

Re: [WINDOWS] Simple Auto-SubDownloader v1.3 !UPDATED

Post by katates »

UPDATE V1.3
--
ADDED- Mark file as watched for your video files!