Invalid usage: output folder [...] must not start with input folder [...]

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
ImNotOneOfUs

Invalid usage: output folder [...] must not start with input folder [...]

Post by ImNotOneOfUs »

I'm using 4.9.6 and would like to use qbittorrent to use amc to rename and sort movies and tv shows I download. I've looked through the forums on the filebot website and even the noob section is beyond my abilities.

What I'm wanting to do is take my downloads from d:/downloads and have the movies moved to e:\ movies and tv shows moved to f:\tv shows after they are renamed and have the associated artwork downloaded for my Jellyfin server.

I understand how to set up qb to run the filebot command after download, how to set up how I want the files named in the console, but combining those two in a way to automate the process is beyond me. Any help would be appreciated.

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.9.6 (r9125)
JNA Native: 6.1.2
MediaInfo: 21.09
7-Zip-JBinding: 16.02
Tools: fpcalc/1.5.0
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2022-08-15 (r836)
Groovy: 3.0.9
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 17.0.2
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 8 GB Max Memory / 52 MB Used Memory
STORAGE: NTFS [C] @ 318 GB | NTFS [D] @ 807 GB | NTFS [E] @ 6 TB | NTFS [F] @ 6 TB
DATA: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
Package: MSI
License: FileBot License P37277260 (Valid-Until: 2023-05-27)
Done ?(?????)?
Here is an example of qb triggering filebot.

Run script [fn:amc] at [Fri Jan 13 23:18:48 CST 2023]
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: ut_label = TV
Parameter: ut_state = %S
Parameter: ut_title = Tron Uprising (2012) Season 1 S01 (1080p AMZN WEB-DL x265 HEVC 10bit AAC 5.1 RCVR) [QxR]
Parameter: ut_kind = 87fc0b9209498dc8309b1bf783207a1c0ddd3da4
Parameter: ut_file = F:\TV Shows\Tron Uprising (2012) Season 1 S01 (1080p AMZN WEB-DL x265 HEVC 10bit AAC 5.1 RCVR)
Parameter: ut_dir = F:\TV Shows
Bad ut_state value: %S
Invalid usage: output folder [F:\TV Shows] must not start with input folder [F:\TV Shows]
Abort (╫_╫)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Invalid usage: output folder [...] must not start with input folder [...]

Post by rednoah »

:?: What is the filebot command template you have pasted into qBT?

The console output suggests that you need to change the --output folder so that it does not overlap with your qBT download folder:

Invalid usage: output folder [F:\TV Shows] must not start with input folder [F:\TV Shows]
:!: The console log suggests that your qBT download folder is F:\TV Shows and not D:\Downloads. You will want to make sure that qBT is configured to use the latter as download folder.

:!: The amc script does not allow you to use F:\TV Shows as both input folder and output folder, so that you cannot accidentally create an infinite loop.

The console output also suggests that you have followed the uT instructions and not the qBT instructions:

Parameter: ut_label = TV
Parameter: ut_state = %S
Parameter: ut_title = Tron Uprising (2012) Season 1 S01 (1080p AMZN WEB-DL x265 HEVC 10bit AAC 5.1 RCVR) [QxR]
Parameter: ut_kind = 87fc0b9209498dc8309b1bf783207a1c0ddd3da4
Parameter: ut_file = F:\TV Shows\Tron Uprising (2012) Season 1 S01 (1080p AMZN WEB-DL x265 HEVC 10bit AAC 5.1 RCVR)
Parameter: ut_dir = F:\TV Shows
Bad ut_state value: %S

You will want to follow the [qBittorrent] Setup for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X instructions and not the µTorrent instructions if you are using qBT and not µTorrent:
rednoah wrote: 12 May 2014, 17:30 The qBittorrent setup is pretty similar to µTorrent. Just paste the following command into the Run an external program on torrent completion setting.

Instructions for Windows:

Options ► Downloads ► Run an external program on torrent completion:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "X:/Media" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.excludes --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_dir=%F"
:arrow: Use that, and then change --output "X:/Media" to --output "F:/Media" to use F:/Media as output folder.

:arrow: You may also want to change your qBT downloads folder to F:/Downloads or F:/Downloads/TV Shows to clearly separate downloads and completed files.

Now that we have covered the basic setup, we can go into the customizations you want:
ImNotOneOfUs wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 05:07 What I'm wanting to do is take my downloads from d:/downloads and have the movies moved to e:\ movies and tv shows moved to f:\tv shows after they are renamed and have the associated artwork downloaded for my Jellyfin server.
You can use a custom --def movieFormat and --def seriesFormat to change how files are organized:
rednoah wrote: 01 Aug 2012, 13:04 Change how files will be organized and renamed:
This script uses multiple format expressions, one for each content type. You can override the default naming schemes via the --def movieFormat, seriesFormat, animeFormat and musicFormat options. Relative paths will be resolved against --output and you can use absolute paths if you want to use multiple drives.

--def movieFormat="M:/Movies/{ ~plex.id }" seriesFormat="S:/Series/{ ~plex.id }" animeFormat="J:/Anime/{ ~plex.id }" musicFormat="T:/Audio/{ ~plex.id }" unsortedFormat="U:/Unsorted/{ fn }"
  • Start with the {plex.id} format and then modify your custom format bit by bit to fit your needs.
  • Use @file syntax to read complex arguments from a text file.
e.g.

--def movieFormat="E:/{plex}" seriesFormat="F:/{plex}"

tl;dr paste this into qBT:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "F:" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file "F:/amc.log.txt" --def movieFormat="E:/{plex}" seriesFormat="F:/{plex}" excludeList=amc.excludes --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_dir=%F"
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.