Renaming Subtitles in Subfolder

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
dapersa

Renaming Subtitles in Subfolder

Post by dapersa »

Hi there!
I'm very new to scripts and automations. So far everything I did was via the UI which is easy for me.

I've got a couple of series with Folders containing each episode. Then in that episode-folder there is a "Subs" Folder containing Multiple Subtitle Files.
The Subtitles are .idx and .sub files, each in two languages. The English version has a "-eng" at the end. The German version doesn't have a different ending.

Any way to easily rename all episodes to "D:\Plex\Bibliotheken\Filme\Serien\{n} ({y})/{'Season '+s00}/{n} ({y}) - {s00e00} - {t}"
and the Subtitles also to "D:\Plex\Bibliotheken\Filme\Serien\{n} ({y})/{'Season '+s00}/{n} ({y}) - {s00e00} - {t}" with the english version keeping the suffix?

If that could be somehow done via the UI, I'd be very happy. I'm happy to learn it via Console of course, but I might not get it on the first try :oops: :D

Thanks a lot in advance!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Renaming Subtitles in Subfolder

Post by rednoah »

I think you can just follow the How do I organize files for Plex? guide. The current file structure doesn't really matter. You just need to modify the format to your needs:

Code: Select all

D:/Plex/Bibliotheken/{plex.id}

If you just want to rewrite file paths offline with Plain File Mode, then there's a number of examples, and perhaps one of them already matches your use case:
viewtopic.php?t=12907
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
dapersa

Post by dapersa »

{plex.id}
Thank you very much @rednoah.
While this is actually what I've been searching for, I still happen to get one problem with this.

There are three versions mostly (German, English, English forced). It only renames them to two versions and it gets conflicts. See Examples here:

And it renames to this:

Resulting in this conflict:

any way to get the "forced" extension at the end of the files just like the "eng" extension?

Thanks a lot!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot cannot detect the {subt} subtitle language / tag if it cannot detect the language, so it'll only work if files are already somewhat well-named:

.eng
.eng-forced

:arrow: The easiest solution is probably to adjust your custom format and match some information from the original file path and then use that to generate your target file path:

{ fn.match('-forced') }
:arrow: [SNIPPET] Match information from the file path

:arrow: You may want to fix your subtitle naming while you're at it, i.e. no language means German language (?) and then propose file paths accordingly:

{
	any{ subt }{ fn =~ /-forced/ ? '.deu.forced' : '.deu' }
}

EDIT:

FileBot r9669 and higher now allow modifier-only language tags such as ".forced" by default. This change is experimental and may not stick around depending on feedback.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.