Getting movie info from original torrent file

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
seequcn

Getting movie info from original torrent file

Post by seequcn »

I've been playing around with filebot for a couple of days on a Linux CLI and I'm impressed at how many correct hits it gets with the matching algorithm.

I've been testing over 100 different avi movies, and I've obtained nearly 95% accuracy in the matching. I'm doing more widespread testing over the next few days as I'm trying to get a workflow, and eventually an automated method with minimal human intervention to try and get as close to zero errors as possible.

One thing that I've not been able to design into the workflow is that I have 100% correct tags at the very beginning - when I first downloaded the original torrent. The site where I'm using names each torrent filename is based on the name and year of the movie (e.g. Apocalypse Now.1979) and the naming is completely consistent. Now if there was a way of downloading the torrent into a parent directory with the same name as that filename, or of putting the torrent file into the download directory, then that would be matching nirvana!

Unfortunately I have not seen a method of doing that in Transmission, rtorrent or in Deluge.

Has anyone seen a way of doing something like this? It would bring filebot up to to 100%
seequcn

Re: Getting movie info from original torrent file

Post by seequcn »

Also torrent files are very easy to parse, the name(s) of all the video files are in the name field at the beginning of the torrent file.

So if there was a directory containing all of the original .torrent files then a quick matching of the filename embedded in each torrent file with the name of the torrent file would yield the correctly named film + year tags.

Then filebot would take that information and use that as the basis of the other renaming functions.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Getting movie info from original torrent file

Post by rednoah »

Keep sending me the mismatches and I'll see if I can tweak the matching.

With scripting you can force a search query or you can first rename the video same as the torrent and then run renaming. How do you know what torrent belongs to what video file? FileBot can read data from the torrent and the find the files. But that's the most complicated solution.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.