--conflict fail

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Tweak_four17
Donor

--conflict fail

Post by Tweak_four17 »

Is there a way to generate some kind of notification for a conflict fail when moving/copying files using AMC? Or does the rename log input a conflict fail in there somewhere that I could pull it out? def output = getRenameLog().values().fail().toList() or something..
rednoah
The Source

Re: --conflict fail

Post by rednoah »

No, that's not supported. Though I think if you set --def unsorted=y the unsorted logic will probably catch those files that couldn't be renamed in the rename call as well.

Plus you can always grep the log ;)

EDIT: scratch that, if you set --conflict fail it will fail on any error so there won't be any post processing. You'll need to grep the log.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Tweak_four17
Donor

Post by Tweak_four17 »

What about conflict skip? Anyway to have the notifications or log differentiate that? Or would unsorted count for that? Trying to determine what the best conflict option would be as I've had a couple mismatch incidents that over wrote other video files using conflict override, conflict skip just leaves them (obviously) but still sends a push notification and email log as if it copied and renamed them.
Tweak_four17
Donor

Post by Tweak_four17 »

Doing some tinkering and the skipping of files from -conflict skip is coded into FileBot or groovy itself and not AMC isn't it? Is it even possible to add a couple lines into AMC to detect if it has skipped files?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you do --conflict skip it'll keep running. If you do --def unsorted=y and then the remainder of files will get moved to an extra folder and it'll also be in the history (thus included in the notifications).
Tweak_four17
Donor

Post by Tweak_four17 »

Ok, so no clear way for it to say "[SKIPPED:] {seriesname} - S##E## - {Title}" instead of just "{seriesname} - S##E## - {Title}"?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So what's the issue? The output should be pretty clear and easy to grep.

Code: Select all

CLILogger.info(format("Skipped [%s] because [%s] already exists", source, destination));
Tweak_four17
Donor

Post by Tweak_four17 »

yes, easy to grep, but I was just trying to get it I would be notofied on my phone either via email or pushover so I didn't have to go onto my computer and dig through the logs.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

oh, sorry, that's not planned.

But the unsorted feature should work well enough. You'll see which files got moved to Unsorted in your PushBullet reports and that's the files that got skipped, or undetected.
Tweak_four17
Donor

Post by Tweak_four17 »

ok cool. Thanks!
te5s3rakt

Post by te5s3rakt »

just regarding the whole "--def unsorted=y" sorting out the unprocessed/conflicted files... let me see if i understand it right...

will it move the files that conflicted/where unprocessed by filbert as a result, out of the processing folder (the one the script is running on) and into a folder called Unsorted adjacent to that.. i.e.
F:\Completed Downloads\ <<filebot runs on this dir
F:\Unsorted\ << conflicts move here...

is there a way to specify this directory?
Tweak_four17
Donor

Post by Tweak_four17 »

I'm sure there is, similar to your other question about where the reports are stored...if you download the amc script and modify it and then run it locally you can tweak just about anything with it.
Tweak_four17
Donor

Post by Tweak_four17 »

Check out line 447 for where it stores unsorted files, and 409-410 for where it stores reports.
te5s3rakt

Post by te5s3rakt »

ah cool... i'll look into it...

is there any issue with running the script locally instead of from online... updates perhaps? my media centre is generally a pretty set and forget sort of thing, so once i make a few modifications i might not touch any of the backend stuff for months or more... I would hate to think I would be running an old version of amc...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you want local scripts I'd just clone the devel branch with git clone. Whenever you feel like updating you can do a git sync and that should take care of automatically merging as well if possible.
te5s3rakt

Post by te5s3rakt »

haven't really had any experience on that front... think i'll just run with your other suggestion of using symlinks to organise myself... thanks heaps :)