AMC script and XBMC/Kodi Artwork

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
BleedingFingers

AMC script and XBMC/Kodi Artwork

Post by BleedingFingers »

Hi!

Thanks for your wonderful tool - it has really helped me a lot!!

I have a question about XBMC and the TV Show season posters. My XBMC is not showing the posters for the individual seasons (they're blank) even though I have the AMC script download the artwork (there is both the poster.jpg and folder.jpg in the SeasonXX folder for each TV show).

When google'ing why it's not showing the posters, I came across the Kodi Thumbnail documentation: http://kodi.wiki/view/Thumbnails#Video_Thumbnails

It says that the structure for the posters should be as follows
TV\showfolder\seasonxx-poster.(jpg/png)
or
TV\showfolder\seasonxx-banner.(jpg/png)
Is there a way to get the AMC script to download the artwork in the required XBMC/Kodi format?
xflak
Power User

Re: AMC script and XBMC/Kodi Artwork

Post by xflak »

Kodi Should be able to grab those automatically when added to your library. Be sure to bring up the context menu on your tv show and/or Movie folder using the right click or "c" and select "set content". Then just scan your video library and it should grab all the art and nfo u need. From there u can even export that stuff to files from the settings menu or use the xbmc_export utility bundled with uFiler.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

At the very least Kodi should be able to download missing artwork. It seems they've changed their thumbnail guidelines, also the page you linked seems pretty unofficial even though it's on kodi wiki. Please report the issue on Kodi forums and see what the experts say.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
BleedingFingers

Post by BleedingFingers »

Thanks for the replies!! I'll follow up with the Kodi folks