subtitles name format & database

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
olhol

subtitles name format & database

Post by olhol »

Hi!

I tried using "filebot -script fn:suball "path" --lang en" to automate getting subtitles. It's enough for me since I don't get rared files or move them etc

The problem though is that it adds the .eng part on the filename (name.eng.srt) and that makes the subtitle file invisible to my TV (where i stream the videos directly through dlna).
Basically the only way it sees the file is if it matches the filename of the video completely (name.x.y.z.mp4 , name.x.y.z.srt)

So is there any way I can stop it from adding the language to the filename? If not, any ideas?

Another thing, is it correct that the script searches in order opensubtitles->sublight->subscene?
Is it possible to change the order? Like sublight->opensubtitles->subscene?
I tried giving it a false login for opensubtitles to see if it would move on to the next one, but it didn't worked.
I'd rather have sublight first since opensubtitles gave me Harry potter movie subs for a grey's anatomy episode :?

Thanks in advance for any help ;)
rednoah
The Source

Re: subtitles name format & database

Post by rednoah »

1. The .lang part is hard-coded as its part of the -get-missing-subtitles language specific logic. That works with most media player but if the DLNA stuff needs exact matches why not run another little script to fix this? I guess it's a one liner, just grab all files with .eng and rename.

2. Yep, that order is correct. You can run -get-missing-subtitles with --db sublight once and then again with --db opensubtitles to achieve what you want.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
olhol

Post by olhol »

Thanks for the fast reply rednoah ;)

I'll give the database suggestion a try.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Wrote a FileBot script to handle generic mass-renaming like this:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/v ... 2100#p2100

e.g.

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:replace --action copy --def "e=.eng.srt" "r=.srt"
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.