Unraid Server Filebot setup

Support for unRAID and docker container users
uaeproz
Donor

Re: Unraid Server Filebot setup

Post by uaeproz »

Do you feel satisfied now by your answer and insults? Do you think I'm supposed to have your knowledge and brain to work with this? Is this the kind of "support" and customer service people should expect from you even though you think it's stupid?

And most importantly, Didn't I pay you 120 Euros to answer my stupid questions?

Leave this thread open and my reply to your unprofessional "support" answer public for everyone to see and set the expectations of filebot support and customer service.

I guess I'm going to stop using it now. Good luck with your software and just be sure to make it clear to everyone that you have temper issues.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You paid me to help you set up FileBot, which we did, one month ago. That does not entitle you to premium support every time you update unRAID and maybe break something.

I will happily answer questions about FileBot. However, this thread is mostly about how to use Linux, bash, Docker, etc and has little to nothing to do with actually using FileBot (which is why nobody other than you will ever find this thread useful).

:idea: You'll be happy to know that because of your contribution, I spent extra time on making a docker image, which will now benefit everyone who is willing to learn how to use docker.

EDIT:

Just out of curiosity, if I had simply ignored your not-so-great question, instead of giving you a thorough answer (explaining why it's a not-so-great question), would you have prefered that?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jhonnyli

Post by jhonnyli »

Hi,

Im using the docker filebot-watcher and its working great! The only issue is that when filebot move the file to the Media folder it creates the files with root:root ownership instead of nobody:users. Is there any way to fix this on the docker?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's probably something you need to set for the docker host process.

Here's what I found on Google:
coppit wrote:By default, FileBot will create files using user ID 0 (typically root) and group ID 0 (typically root), and with a umask of 0022. If you wish to change this, set the USER_ID, GROUP_ID, and UMASK environment variables to the right values from your host system. You can find the IDs using the "id" command. For example, for the user "nobody", it would be id -u nobody and id -g nobody. You can get the umask for a user like "nobody" by running su -l nobody -c umask.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.