New Synology install, weird renaming

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
dopefish3d

New Synology install, weird renaming

Post by dopefish3d »

I've been using the Filebot GUI on OSX for quite awhile, however I just got a new Synology NAS and decided I'd give it a spin, so now I'm delving into the command line version. Oh boy :)

After getting it installed and getting "filebot -version" to return properly, I set about doing some real work. I've got an "Incoming" folder on my NAS containing a newly downloaded TV show, and I want filebot to rename the file and put it where it belongs. Initially, using "--output" to move the file to the proper directory caused filebot to fail with an error, but after some google-fu I edited filebot.sh and changed $@ to "$@", which then allowed it to correctly parse my output path. Or so I thought.

Filebot correctly identified the file and renamed it, however when looking in my TV output folder, I got a little surprise: filebot had created directory names exactly as they appeared in the output string, instead of substituting the Episode data for {n} and such. Anyone have any ideas?
dopefish3d

Re: New Synology install, weird renaming

Post by dopefish3d »

oh, right, here was my command line:

filebot -rename /volume1/Media/Incoming --db TheTVDB --output "/volume1/Media/Video/TV/{n}/Season {s}/{sxe} - {t}"
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This is how it works:
--output path to output directory (defaults to . if not set)
--format naming scheme (relative paths are resolved against --output)

e.g.

Code: Select all

--output "/volume1/Media/Video/TV" --format "{n}/Season {s}/{sxe} - {t}"

Code: Select all

--format "/volume1/Media/Video/TV/{n}/Season {s}/{sxe} - {t}"
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
dopefish3d

Post by dopefish3d »

Oh wow. Egg on my face. Very important difference between the GUI and command line!