Newbie Question - Automation Changes

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
timwagg

Newbie Question - Automation Changes

Post by timwagg »

Hi,

Firstly I apologize if the answers to these questions have already been answered, I've genuinely had a good look around but as I am very inexperienced in FileBot and was hoping someone could give me a helping hand.

After months of tweaking and playing with EventGhost, SCRU, theRenamer etc and having mixed results I started to use FileBot to manually do everything only to discover that you can automate the process...great news, well it was until I had a go!

I've had a play with tweaking the main script and putting it into uTorrent but I am struggling to understand how to make it work how I want;

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "D:/My Videos" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def subtitles=n artwork=y clean=y xbmc=media"ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S"
As you can see I don't want subtitles to be downloaded, but do want artwork and for it to clean the existing folder. I also have it set up to update my XBMC library. The problems them start;

1. I want it to OUTPUT to my existing TV shared folder and not to /TV Shows i.e. I want to change from /TV Shows to /TV (this is what all my shares are linked to and don't want to have to relink everything).

2. I noticed that some of the artwork is getting written over e.g. artwork.jpg in the main show folder even if there is an existing one, is there a way to tell to ignore downloading new artwork if it already exists so I can keep my existing ones?

3. The episode .nfo and .jpg/.tbn (I have it set up with .jpg at the moment but I've been manually changing the extensions after Media Companion scrapes them) don't seem to download for me (the artwork in the TV show directory fills fine - although the majority of mine is already sorted so I don't need this anyway).

Also just to add...from playing around with this it seems that it's MUCH more powerful than the old option I was using, I just need to get it to play how I want and I'm at ends to know where to start.

I'll be donating to the software for sure if I'm able to use as I need, just don't want to put any cash in just yet in case I can't use as needed :) .

Thanks in advance,

Tim
rednoah
The Source

Re: Newbie Question - Automation Changes

Post by rednoah »

0. clean=y is useless since you're copying files, also utorrent wouldn't let you delete open files anyway. This is only useful if you're doing things like I do in the standalone usage video tutorial.

1. Read "Customize Paths" section.

2. and 3. Not supported right now and and not a priority for me.

4. YOU'RE MANUALLY CHANGING EXTENSIONS?!?! Have a look at the "Filename Find & Replace" script please.

PS: You can use the artwork.* scripts to grab missing artwork only.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
timwagg

Post by timwagg »

Thanks for this, shame about the lack of support for episode .nfo/.jpg however it's incredible what you have manage to achieve so thank you! The other 'automated' ways of re-naming and moving files just haven't worked for me anywhere near as well, with FileBot I can forget that it's even there and know that it'll work.

Unfortunately thought I am still having a few more problems, as there is no episode support I have tied in this script with event ghost which watches the download folder for me (rather than automatically running the script after the torrent downloads) and then runs it (in the form of a .bat file ) and then starts up Media Companion (using the command line) which scrapes for episodes...happy days!

The only problem I now have is that MC doesn't support Frodo naming yet (when using mc_com.exe) and therefore I have .tbn files rather than .jpg. I know it's not a necessity but I want my library in order :-)

I thought if I added a second .bat file with the find and replace script it and have it run after mc_com it would clean up any messy extensions and all would be wonderful again...but I am having problems. Here is my tweaked version of it;

filebot -script fn:replace --def "e=.tbn" "r=.jpg" D:\My Videos
As you can see I want it to search all my videos and replace any .tbn extensions. Everytime I run it it thinks for a little while and then vanishes, no changes to the files though.

Could anyone advise?

Secondly, in my main script, I keep getting failures when trying to update the XBMC library, currently I am using;

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess "C:/Users/Media PC/Downloads/TV" --output "D:/My Videos" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --def "seriesFormat=TV/{n}/Season {s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" "movieFormat=Movies/{n} ({y})/{fn} ({y})" xbmc=192.168.0.2:server
Where server=name of xbmc and 192.168.0.2=ip of the machine

I have also tried xbmc=192.168.0.2 and xbmc=server but doesn't seem to work.

Thanks again for the continued help!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Did you pass in the input path properly? Mind your spaces and pass arguments correctly, eg "D:/My Videos"

Also it's really just xbmc=hostname (or ip) bu if its not working you should first XBMC logs what's going on. Is it receiving the command? Does the jsonrpc command work with your current xbmc version? Did you enable the API interface? (Disabled by default)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.