uTorrent and custom formats

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Latinkidmj

uTorrent and custom formats

Post by Latinkidmj »

Hello.

I've closely followed your directions viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215 for uTorrent on Windows 10. Unfortunately, when uTorrent runs the FileBot script, it does not do what I want it to, although it thankfully does work, which by the way is totally awesome...I haven't the vaguest clue how to fix this scripting problem, but I do know the changes that I'd like to make. Currently uTorrent just moves the downloaded files from drive D:\Seeding to E:\Completed:

1. Although the program moves and renames Movie files from D:\Seeding to my E:\Completed folder, it needlessly makes another folder called "Movies" and then within that folder, another folder by the name of the movie, where the movie .mkv is ultimately and finally located. All I want is JUST the movie file (.mkv's) to move to E:\ after they've been renamed as "Name (Year)"...e.g. A Single Man (2009) as depicted in the image above.

2.Simlarly, for Television Series, I'd like Filebot to rename and move the folders found in E:\Completed to D:\"Series Name" folder and within that folder should appear JUST the episode files named as "Series Name-Season#Episode#-Episode Title"...e.g. D:\Completed\Battlestar Galactica (2003)\Battlestar Galactica (2003) S01E04 - Act of Contrition, like so:

3. I'd like to have the original folders and their contents deleted after steps #1 and #2 above are completed.

I believe you requested the log data, but I haven't a clue where to find it, as there are no text files in the FilBot program folder? And since I've read you "don't get out of bed" for less than 50Euro, I've made a contribution and hope that will buy me a little patience, goodwill and gentle handling despite my utter and complete lack of knowledge about the scripting and automation process. :) Thanks so much for helping me out!
rednoah
The Source

Re: uTorrent Problem

Post by rednoah »

1. & 2.
This would be a bad way to organize files. I'd stick with the defaults. That being said, you can take complete control of the naming scheme by passing in your own formats. See Change how files will be organized and renamed section in the manual.

Since you made a donation, I will give you a solution, but I would not personally recommend doing it this way:

Code: Select all

--def movieFormat="E:/{plex.name}" seriesFormat="D:/{n}/{plex.name}"
:idea: Using the root folder of a drive is a bad idea. You should always create a folder (e.g. X:/Files) and use that for your daily activities.

You can't have that. Because Windows. You'll have to delete files from utorrent (which is locking the files) when you're done seeding. You'd have to do that anyway even if you somehow managed to take away the files from under utorrent.

:idea: I recommend keeping all your downloads and completed and organized files on the same drive so that you can use hardlinks instead of physical copies when copying files. That way you can have the same file multiple times without spending extra disk space. If you want to delete files to save disk space, then the answer isn't deleting files, but using hardlinks instead of physical copies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_link
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Latinkidmj

Re: uTorrent and custom formats

Post by Latinkidmj »

Thank you so much for the help! Just one question - where does that new code go? Should I simply append it to the end of this code:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "X:/Media" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"
to look like this:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "X:/Media" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D" --def movieFormat="E:/{plex.name}" seriesFormat="D:/{n}/{plex.name}"
Or must I do something else when pasting this to uTorrent's "Run Program" feature? To be honest, if I can get JUST this to work, I'd be absolutely ecstatic, and have no problems going back and deleting the original files. I've seen the hardlink feature but haven't ever heard it explained. I'll look into it and thanks again!! :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This should work:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "X:/Media" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def movieFormat="E:/{plex.name}" seriesFormat="D:/{n}/{plex.name}" unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"
Latinkidmj

Post by Latinkidmj »

I've replaced "X:Media" with E:\Completed and so far nothing works...all that happens is the files are transferred as normally but nothing is renamed or copied to the correct locations. So I've been manually correcting the names with FileBot but it's not running as I'd hope since posting the code you suggested above, see here:

Here's what I found on the amc.log file:

Run script [fn:amc] at [Wed May 10 00:15:07 MDT 2017]
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: music = n
Parameter: artwork = n
Parameter: ut_label = 
Parameter: ut_state = 20
Parameter: ut_title = Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_file = Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS.idx
Parameter: ut_dir = E:\Completed\Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS
Input: E:\Completed\Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS\Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS.idx
Input: E:\Completed\Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS\Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS.mkv
Input: E:\Completed\Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS\Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS.sub
Group: [mov:hidden figures 2016] => [Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS.idx, Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS.mkv, Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS.sub]
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context: [E:\Completed\Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS\Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS.mkv]
SubStationAlpha: Cannot find [Events] section
SubStationAlpha: Cannot find [Events] section
[COPY] Rename [E:\Completed\Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS\Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS.mkv] to [E:\Completed\Movies\Hidden Figures (2016)\Hidden Figures (2016).mkv]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Completed\Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS\Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS.idx] to [E:\Completed\Movies\Hidden Figures (2016)\Hidden Figures (2016).idx]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Completed\Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS\Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS.sub] to [E:\Completed\Movies\Hidden Figures (2016)\Hidden Figures (2016).sub]
Processed 3 files
Failed to set xattr: E:\Completed\Movies\Hidden Figures (2016)\Hidden Figures (2016).mkv:net.filebot.metadata
Failed to set xattr: E:\Completed\Movies\Hidden Figures (2016)\Hidden Figures (2016).idx:net.filebot.metadata
Failed to set xattr: E:\Completed\Movies\Hidden Figures (2016)\Hidden Figures (2016).sub:net.filebot.metadata
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu May 11 01:33:34 MDT 2017]
Parameter: movieFormat = E:/{plex.name}
Parameter: seriesFormat = D:/{n}/{plex.name}
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: ut_title = This.Old.House.S38E20.Detroit.Windows.of.Detroit.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv
Parameter: ut_kind = single
Parameter: ut_file = This.Old.House.S38E20.Detroit.Windows.of.Detroit.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv
Parameter: ut_dir = E:\Completed
Illegal usage: output folder must exist and must be a directory: X:\Media
Failure (°_°)
Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu May 11 01:34:17 MDT 2017]
Parameter: ut_title = This.Old.House.S38E16.An.Arts.Craft.for.the.Ages.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv
Parameter: ut_file = This.Old.House.S38E16.An.Arts.Craft.for.the.Ages.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv
Failure (°_°)
Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu May 11 01:35:21 MDT 2017]
Parameter: ut_title = This.Old.House.S38E19.Detroit.Down.The.Rehab.Rabbit.Hole.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv
Parameter: ut_file = This.Old.House.S38E19.Detroit.Down.The.Rehab.Rabbit.Hole.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv
Failure (°_°)
Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu May 11 01:35:36 MDT 2017]
Parameter: ut_title = This.Old.House.S38E17.Detroit.Rebuilding.Motor.City.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv
Parameter: ut_file = This.Old.House.S38E17.Detroit.Rebuilding.Motor.City.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv
Failure (°_°)
Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu May 11 01:35:55 MDT 2017]
Parameter: ut_title = This.Old.House.S38E18.Detroit.Ready.for.Rehab.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv
Parameter: ut_file = This.Old.House.S38E18.Detroit.Ready.for.Rehab.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv
Failure (°_°)
Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu May 11 01:36:24 MDT 2017]
Parameter: ut_title = The Young Pope S01
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_file = The.Young.Pope.S01E01.1080p.BluRay.x264-GreenBlade.mkv
Parameter: ut_dir = E:\Completed\The Young Pope S01
Failure (°_°)
Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu May 11 01:51:12 MDT 2017]
Parameter: ut_title = This.Old.House.S38E15.Details.Make.the.House.Beautiful.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv
Parameter: ut_file = This.Old.House.S38E15.Details.Make.the.House.Beautiful.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv
Illegal usage: output folder [E:\Completed] must be separate from input folder [label:null, state:20, title:This.Old.House.S38E15.Details.Make.the.House.Beautiful.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv, kind:single, file:This.Old.House.S38E15.Details.Make.the.House.Beautiful.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv, dir:E:\Completed]
Failure (°_°)
Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu May 11 01:51:20 MDT 2017]
Parameter: ut_title = This.Old.House.S38E14.Ship.Lap.for.a.Ship.Shape.House.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv
Parameter: ut_file = This.Old.House.S38E14.Ship.Lap.for.a.Ship.Shape.House.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv
Illegal usage: output folder [E:\Completed] must be separate from input folder [label:null, state:20, title:This.Old.House.S38E14.Ship.Lap.for.a.Ship.Shape.House.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv, kind:single, file:This.Old.House.S38E14.Ship.Lap.for.a.Ship.Shape.House.1080p.PBS.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69.mkv, dir:E:\Completed]
Failure (°_°)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Did you read the log? The error messages seem pretty clear as to what you're doing wrong.

Is X:\Media an existing directory?

:idea: The error message says it all. --output must be set to an existing writable directory.

Input folder and output folder must not be the same:

Illegal usage: output folder [E:\Completed] must be separate from input folder
:idea: Create a folder E:\FileBot and set --output E:\FileBot so that input folder and output folder are separate from each other.
Latinkidmj

Post by Latinkidmj »

Hey, I think it worked!! :) So when I'm finished seeding I can delete the files in E:\Completed right?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Pretty much. Since you'll have created extra physical copies or hardlinks.