Trying my best for an accurate rename results, please help?

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
cafevincent

Trying my best for an accurate rename results, please help?

Post by cafevincent »

I don't know if I can trust the strict rename function. I found a movie renamed to a completely different movie that had zero words in common with the real name. I think I had strict mode on. I'm not completely sure anymore how this could've happen or if it was even caused by my script but paranoid as I am I have since tried to use batch scripting to make damn sure this doesn't happen, which is ridiculous since in batch I can't know what the file was renamed to.

btw the code uses %name% and %year% variables that are extrapolations from the original filename

Code: Select all

c:\progra~1\filebot\filebot -rename %1 --q "%name% %year%" --db TheMovieDb --format "{n} ({y}) {director} {genres} r{rating} {vf} {vc} {ac} {imdbid}"
if not exist %1 if exist "%name% (%year%)*tt???????.*" echo renamed "%~n1" accurately! && exit /b

:: if suspicious revert by narrow search
for %%r in ("*%name%*") do c:\progra~1\filebot\filebot -script fn:revert --action move "%%i"
if exist %1 echo rename failed for "%~n1" && exit /b

:: renamed to something totally different, revert all in folder just in case
for %%r in (*) do c:\progra~1\filebot\filebot -script fn:revert --action move "%%i"
Is this crazy? Is the strict mode supposed to be completely impervious for renaming errors? Is there a filebot script that would allow me to use the renamed (output) filename as a variable to make my paranoid script simpler and more accurate? Any comments or suggestions much appreciated!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Trying my best for an accurate rename results, please help?

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, your cmd script doesn't give me any useful information.

Here's what a good issue report would look like:

Code: Select all

$ filebot -rename --db TheMovieDB Logan.mkv
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context: [Logan.mkv]
[MOVE] from [Logan.mkv] to [Logan (2017).mkv]
Processed 1 files

It contains:
* A reproducible command
* The output of the command
* No verbal description of any kind, though you can always add one if you feel like typing ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cafevincent

Post by cafevincent »

I don't have the log, I found out about this probably days later. It was something crazy.. I think a Bourne movie was renamed to a Turtles movie. Please is there any way to rename so I could get the resulting filename as a variable? That would make verifying super easy.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, without logs there's nothing I can do. Please report back with logs next time it happens.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.