Place movies inside their own folders?

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Hoosier205

Place movies inside their own folders?

Post by Hoosier205 »

I'm clueless. I have both the macOS app from the App Store and the command line version installed. All of my movies are already named as I want them to be. Now all I want to do is take each of those movies and place them into their own folders with the same name. In Finder, my file path to a movie is this:

OSXFUSE Volume 0 (plexdrive_test5) > Movies > 12 Angry Men (1957).mkv

So...I want to put a movie like "12 Angry Men (1957).mkv" into a folder called "12 Angry Men (1957)"

I am using PlexDrive to mount my Google Drive content for local access. I have no idea how to accomplish what I want to do and I'd REALLY like to avoid manually doing this for 1500 files. I can use Terminal for some very basic things that I probably do because they work and not necessarily because I understand why or how. I just follow directions haha. Can anyone help?

Thank you!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Place movies inside their own folders?

Post by rednoah »

Load your files. Then set the format to {plex} and then press the Image button to prepend the path to your media root folder to make your format an absolute format.

If you want to "move files into folder with the same name" then you can do that without any online matching:
viewtopic.php?t=2072
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.