The amc script and --mode interactive

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
floodx

The amc script and --mode interactive

Post by floodx »

Hello,

I just found and tried the AMC script and I really like it. But after reading several hours in the forum, I got still some starter questions:

Q1: Is it possible to run the interactive mode like described here? I just want to see and confirm if Filebot detected the right Movie (at least at the beginning of my Usage). I tried --mode interactive but didn't see anything in the cli.

Q2: This leads me to my next question: Is it possible to see when Filebot has finished its actions? Something like the log file but also in the cli.

Q3: How to change the output language files to German? In this Thread you write --lang German and I also tried --lang de but the output still remains in English

Q4: How to delete all files and not only the empty folder in the old input folder?

Thank you in adance for Help. :)
Last edited by floodx on 21 Sep 2017, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Re: The amc script and --mode interactive

Post by rednoah »

:idea: Please read How to Request Help. You report having issues with certain commands, yet fail to include these commands (making it impossible for anyone to reproduce these issues and help you solve them).

Yes, it'll work. --mode interactive works for both -rename calls as well as any script that calls rename(...) internally.

A screenshot of "didn't see anything in the cli" would be helpful so we can see what exactly you did or did not see. ;)

This question doesn't make sense. Once you call filebot, the console will print console output, and you won't be able to call more commands until filebot has finished running.

--lang de works. However, not all data is necessarily available in German. What have you tried so far? You can add the missing data on TheTVDB / TheMovieDB yourself. ;)

Open the manual. Search for "empty folders". ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
floodx

Post by floodx »

Hi,

thanks for the answer, I figured out that I called the filebot.exe and not the CMD launcher so there was no output in the console and he didn't accept the language parameter. It's working now but I still got the problem with the interactive mode under Windows 10 like a user described here.
Cannot run program "/bin/stty": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/bin/stty": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified[...]
Do you have any tipps to get this working or is interactive mode a unix exclusive feature? Otherwise the only option for me is to check every log file, whether the right media is detected or do you see an alternative?

I tried to set up a SSH Server and connect local via PuTTY because I thought this is another type of CLI and interactive mode is supported, but still got the same error.

Is the query mode --q supposed to get an interactive console as well, so it isn't working under Windows either?

And why it is loading amd64 library? Without --q there is no error and everything is matched correctly.

This is my script call:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "E:\sorted" --action test --q -non-strict "E:\unsorted" --log-file "e:/amc.log" --def excludeList=amc.txt --def clean=n --lang de 
PS: Donation or just buy the Version in the Windows Store to support your work?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Interactive mode is definitely designed for Unix-based systems that you control via SSH. I can confirm that it currently doesn't work on Windows but I'm not sure why or how to fix it. It used to work (to my surprise) when I originally developed this feature.

The easiest solution is buying it on the Store and leaving a review. The Windows Store will also help you to correctly install FileBot with all the appropriate native dependencies for your architecture.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.