Help with AMC and Renaming

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
walkme70

Help with AMC and Renaming

Post by walkme70 »

Firstly let me say how much you've made my life easier and automatted, thanks - even meets the wife factor. :D

I've written complex powershell scripts around the automatted 'amc.groovy' script, which has lots of logging so I get all my other resources in one place and a cleaner filestructure. ie: mediaCenter/Recorded TV/mediaBrowser.

My uTorrent is running off my MediaCenter PC at the present but would like to move this all to my NAS at some point, but that's another day!! I see you have written it for the Synology , any thoughts on for the QNAP ?

Anyway, the reason for my first post is:
I like to have the series folder with a leading 0; if under 10. Since you've added the --def "seriesFormat" option I can add the .pad(2) to command line rather than have a bispoke groovy script, which means I 'll automatically get all your updates.
However the problem lies that the filename is not renamed; to the series - S??E?? - title; if I use the def option. The arguments within the command I'm using are '"seriesFormat=TV Shows/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{fn}"' - if I'm doing something wrong please let me know, otherwise I will have to add the extra commands to run the filebot -rename command or write some extra code to text-replace the 'amc' script and have it local.

Also, I'm using Media Browser for viewing my content and not all the information is visiable unless I run their refresh to go and collect it. - Just to add to my wish pile :-)

Many thanks, and keep up the good work.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Help with AMC and Renaming

Post by rednoah »

I've never even tried it on embedded Linux myself but since by now Java runs on all these devices so does FileBot. The mediainfo / 7zip native libs are a different issue though. You'd have to compile them yourself.

The {fn} in the format means filename:

Code: Select all

TV Shows/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{fn}
You'll want something like this:

Code: Select all

TV Shows/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}

So how can I tell media browser to refresh it library? can i send http request or telnet or something?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
walkme70

Re: Help with AMC and Renaming

Post by walkme70 »

Many thanks for the quick response.
Of course; wood through the trees...... {head in hands}

I believe you can issue a refresh through the command 'MediaBrowersService.exe /refresh", but it's no drama I just done some digging and its just as easy as changing the file from an *.NFO to series.xml.

Again, many thanks...