Some issues with Fully Automated Media Center script

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
infinitemonkeys

Some issues with Fully Automated Media Center script

Post by infinitemonkeys »

{Thanks again for the amazing app and script. :D I always feel a little guilty making requests or listing problems when you've done so much to make filebot fill a serious gap in my media center strategy.}

I'm having a few of issues with the automated script.

Missing files - Every now and then, I have a video file download and it gets processed. A folder is created for it and .srt files are downloaded. But I find the subtitles and no video file when I look in the destination folder. In the process of renaming or moving, the file goes missing. I'm not able to find it anywhere, even in the recycle bin. This is a bit vague to ask for help about, so unless you know of this happening and the cause, is it possible to have the output of the automated script logged into a file so I can check and see what exactly happened in that renaming/moving process. The same output that you provide from the command line would be fine, and I tried adding the output redirect to the uTorrent automatic execution, but that just prevented the script from running at all. I didn't see how output redirect to file could be added to the invoke.vbs, either.

Unmoved files - Sometimes, perhaps because java had an update issue or for other reasons, I find videos in my uTorrent download folder which were not processed. I like to use uTorrent to retry processing after fixing the issue so copy the script command from the 'execute on finish' option to the 'execute on state change' option. Then I can simply have the torrent recheck itself and the script will rerun with all the proper parameters and no need to retype anything. However, I can't leave the script in the 'execute on state change' field during live utorrent operation because some downloads try to process videos before the entire torrent is downloaded (rars, non-movie/tv downloads that have videos included, ...). These get stuck because the filebot script processes and removes the video file before the torrent is complete so it goes into a fugue state and never completes. So, since there is no way to more finely select when the 'state change' option works and it would be convenient to be able to re-run scripts, is there a way to log the scripts that are run to batch (or other script) files and drop them in a folder automatically?

Notification - I haven't had success using the Pushover notifications. I've set pushover up and tested it directly, but the web account shows no notifications from the filebot script. I already asked elsewhere on the forum for this, but if there is any hope that you will offer an option to send notifications to growlforwindows (even using growlnotify.exe in the script if integration into filebot itself is not easy), that would be helpful. All my other notifications (uTorrent, Belvedere, e-mail etc...) are already on GrowlForWindows and I'd rather not have two notification systems to manage.

Basically, I don't have any real complaints. Filebot and the FAMC script work with amazing accuracy. But for the rare occasions they do not, and usually not because of any internal fault, I need some recorded output to determine the fault, a way to rerun individual torrent scripts without having to cut/paste/edit from utorrent logs, and a way to receive notifications.

Thanks again!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Some issues with Fully Automated Media Center script

Post by rednoah »

1. Output redirect works with utorrent, I'm using it everyday. With invoke.vbs it'll probably not work though.

2. Not sure what you mean. You can try doing another echo >> log in the command to keep track of things. That's not in the script. It'd be something like filebot -script ... && echo "filebot -script ..." >> C:/log.txt

Maybe this works for you? Making the script auto-abort unless a certain state is given:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/v ... 2665#p2665

3. PushOver works well for me. Just make sure u pass in your userkey correctly. Of you wanna call growlnotify.exe you have to modify the script.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
mpfl

Re: Some issues with Fully Automated Media Center script

Post by mpfl »

I was having Pushover problems as well, and even posted to this thread about it. Then I realised that I was doing the wrong thing! I thought Pushover needed a separate API key for each app that you wanted to use. Turns out this is not the case! Don't create an app like I did, just use the first user key that Pushover provides you.