Clever way to avoid duplicates but use scene style naming

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
redbull666
Donor

Clever way to avoid duplicates but use scene style naming

Post by redbull666 »

Have been using Filebot in an automated setup with amc for over a year now, and it's just amazing.

I use "--conflict override" as I frequently download improved versions of movies/shows manually, and sometimes I intentionally downgrade the quality as well, thus I don't want to use the automatic system. To make sure I don't get duplicates in my movies/tvshows folder I use standardized naming, e.g.:

Code: Select all

movieFormat=Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){ext=='srt' ? ".en" : ''}
What bothers me is that this naming style makes it very difficult to easily check what type of quality file I have stored, I don't want to have to open/find an .nfo file or run some mediainfo scanner. Thus I would like to move to using original file naming, scene style.

Of course this would create a problem with duplicates, as that means different versions of movies could start stacking up inside a movie folder, as Filebot wont see that a previous version exists.

Anyone else have this issue and have some clever fix? Or perhaps someone has a good idea to make this work in a smooth way. Detecting an existing .mkv could work with movies for example, but will fail with TV shows, etc.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Clever way to avoid duplicates but use scene style naming

Post by rednoah »

I'd just add {vf} to the format so you get different destination paths for videos of different qualities.

e.g.

{plex.derive{" [$vf, $vc, $ac]"}}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
redbull666
Donor

Post by redbull666 »

rednoah wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 09:19 I'd just add {vf} to the format so you get different destination paths for videos of different qualities.

e.g.

{plex.derive{" [$vf, $vc, $ac]"}}
Thanks for the quick reply, I didn't get a notification it seems, so pardon my slowness.

I solved this partially now using:

movieFormat=Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}) [{vc}, {source}-{vf}, {audio[0].Format_profile.slash(' ').match('Atmos').replaceAll('Atmos', replacement= 'Atmos ')}{ac}-{channels}, {group}]{ext=='srt' ? ".en" : ''}
I had hoped maybe conflict override checks for an existing .mkv, but I suppose that's not realistic. So next step is to add a post script to my Filebot script to delete the oldest .mkv if there are multiple in a movie's folder. I don't think something like that can be done directly in the filebot script.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

There's a script for finding and deleting duplicates and keeping the best-quality file:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p23171
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
redbull666
Donor

Post by redbull666 »

rednoah wrote: 14 Nov 2017, 10:51 There's a script for finding and deleting duplicates and keeping the best-quality file:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p23171
Aye, but I actually keep lower quality versions in many cases. For example when I know I will be watching it through Plex/tablet instead of on Kodi/theater. Thus I always want the latest version.

I create a script now that cleans the oldest .mkv from the most recent Movie folder after Filebot has run, works nicely. Plus then a script to trigger a Plex refresh so it recognizes the new filename.

Thanks for your help, sending you some coffee :)