[Feature Request] Enhance the Pushbullet reports

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
melvynadam

[Feature Request] Enhance the Pushbullet reports

Post by melvynadam »

When FileBot sends reports by email they include the original filename but also the new path and filename.

I've been unable to get the emails working so I've switched to Pushbullet reports but these only include the original filename. My feature request is that these get expanded to include more information.
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Feature Request] Enhance the Pushbullet reports

Post by rednoah »

Email reports and Pushbullet reports use the same HTML file. I think you're talking about Pushover which doesn't support HTML attachments and thus only delivers short text messages.

:idea: Please use Pushbullet instead of Pushover if you want HTML reports.

@see https://www.pushbullet.com/
@see https://pushover.net/
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
melvynadam

Post by melvynadam »

No, I'm talking about Pushbullet. I'm using Pushbullet.

Have you received a FileBot report to Pushbullet on an iOS device? There's an attachment which you have to download (already an extra step to get the information) and once it's downloaded there's no obvious way to view it. Following your reply I thought I'd try opening it in Chrome (you mentioned that it's HTML) but that results in "Chrome cannot handle this link".

But now that I know the attachments have use, I took a look at Pushbullet from my notebook and I see the HTML report as you indicated I might. So, at least from Windows, there's value in your Pushbullet reports. However, my interest is in mobile use.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The Android app works. If the iOS app does not make viewing pushed HTML files easy, then you can make a feature request with the app developers, or look into alternative apps.

IFTTT might help you forward PushBullet messages to any other kind of service:
https://ifttt.com/connect/pushbullet/email
melvynadam

Post by melvynadam »

rednoah wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 21:33 IFTTT might help you forward PushBullet messages to any other kind of service:
https://ifttt.com/connect/pushbullet/email
I like IFTTT and had considered this workaround. Sadly, Pushbullet only provides output - the IFTTT part, not the IFTTT one. So there's no way for me to automate an email coming out of a push to pushbullet.
melvynadam

Post by melvynadam »

I think I've found the issue: Filebot sends the attachment to Pushbullet without a file extension. For example, the file I just received was called "FileBot finished processing 1 files" instead of "FileBot finished processing 1 files.html". With the appropriate extension, I'm sure iOS would be able to handle it correctly.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The amc script does upload files with text/html content type. I'll add the extension to the filename if that helps with the iOS app. Please make a bug report though, since it should work at least as well as the Android app.
melvynadam

Post by melvynadam »

I'll report it but I doubt anything will be done: they've moved onto their new app and Pushbullet iOS hasn't been updated in over a year.

On Reddit someone asked if the iOS app will be updated for Timer X and someone said "consider it abandonware". [Source: Reddit]
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's sad. I suppose they never had a viable business model.

You can try the latest change by using -script dev:amc to call the script.
melvynadam

Post by melvynadam »

Thanks for the change. I can confirm that by adding the .html extension through dev:amc iOS now offers "Quick Look" for the Pushbullet file attachment. This is not offered for file attachments that have no extension. And it works perfectly for Filebot reports.

Is there any downside to me using -script dev:amc instead of -script fn:amc?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Not really. You just get the latest version from GitHub. The stable release is usually a snapshot of some older revision that is known to work well.