opensubtitles.org blocked in my country

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
bordplate

opensubtitles.org blocked in my country

Post by bordplate »

as the title says, opensubtitles is blocked in my country (Norway). Is there any way to make filebot use a proxy when checking, or using a different site?
rednoah
The Source

Re: opensubtitles.org blocked in my country

Post by rednoah »

Yes, FileBot will use your default HTTP/HTTPS proxy. Using a VPN is an option too.

No, there is no support for sites other than OpenSubtitles.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
torhaala

Post by torhaala »

bordplate wrote: 19 Nov 2017, 10:15 as the title says, opensubtitles is blocked in my country (Norway). Is there any way to make filebot use a proxy when checking, or using a different site?
If you are still struggling with this you can fix it by changing the DNS server away from your ISP to for example Google's (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4). This blocking (Norway and Denmark) is just a blocking of the DNS lookup at the ISPs and thus relatively easy to get around. For now at least..
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I highly recommend using the new CloudFlare DNS as it's quite a bit faster than any other service:
https://blog.cloudflare.com/announcing-1111/
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
torhaala

Post by torhaala »

rednoah wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 20:30 I highly recommend using the new CloudFlare DNS as it's quite a bit faster than any other service:
https://blog.cloudflare.com/announcing-1111/
Just testing that now and seems to work like a charm with filebot happily downloading subtitles, not that i would expect otherwise ;)