Video genres in file path

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Thor Ragnarok

Video genres in file path

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

Hi All.

I'm new at filebot (it's great, really!), so I apologize for any naive questions.
I've learned how to use filebot to rename and move series episodes to the folders in my library.
I'm curretly using this 'Episode Format' line:

Code: Select all

Z:/Series_Inéditas/{genres.take(2).join('_')}/{n.replace(':','-').replace('?','')} - {s.pad(3,"S0")}/{n.replace(':','-').replace('?','')} {s00e00} {t.replace(':','-').replace('?','')}
It works fine, except for one point: sometimes the genres found just don't match my expectations.
For example: the "Californication" serie is found to have 'Comedy' as genre, so it goes to my 'Comedy' folder, and I'd like it to go to my 'Drama' folder.

So the question is: is there any way to force filebot to use my own genres list?

What is in my mind is something like to make a list (like an excel list, or something like that) with my favourite series names and the folders I'd want them to be moved to, so Filebot would first check this list to get the folder path instead of using the standard genre like in the line above.

Can You guys help with this issue?

I'm an SAP ABAP programmer, but I know nothing about Java at this moment, so I'm not used to creating scripts.

Thanks a lot..

Thor.
Thor Ragnarok

Re: Video genres in file path

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

Hi, All.

I've found a helpfull tip in another post and I've used it to solve my problem.

The line below works fine:

Code: Select all

Z:/Series_New_Episodes/{def a; new File('Z:/Downloads/Genres.csv').splitEachLine(';'){ if (n == it[0]) a = it[1]}; a ?: genres[0]}/{n.replace(':','-').replace('?','')} - {s.pad(3,"S0")}/{n.replace(':','-').replace('?','')} {s00e00} {t.replace(':','-').replace('?','')}
In the 'Genres.csv' file I've included lines like this:

Person of Interest Crime
Firefly SciFi

Please, remember that .csv files work like excel files, so 'Person of Interest' and 'Crime', from the line one, are in two different columns.

Thanks!